TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok since we need to figure out a new prez by friday i guess we need to get on this. everyone make their list of who they think would be good canidates for the position. ill make a poll tomarro night.

my list(please dont be offended if you arent listed, its nothing personal):

alan(alan11111)
colin(got coupe?)
chris ivey(sloppytaco)
daniel(04tacodrvr)
christain(link817)

sorry "EL PRESIDENTE" is not an option lol

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
As much as all of these guys have contributed to the board, and the community as a whole, I think they are all great canidates, but we need to make sure we're not going to elect someone who doesnt have a lot of free time or isnt on regularly. That being said, that list pretty much looks the same as mine, so I'll just wait for the poll.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Thanks, but no thanks. Greg, you flatter me, but I feel that there has to be a much better prez than I could ever be.
I will vote for my canidate, but I do not want to be considered for this honor.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Thanks Greg, involvement of what it takes for president needs to be address also. Pc skills to run such a board, probably hrs running the board. What problems the board needs to be addressed?
Hell, my days of surfing the old internet hopefully will come to an end with a job, marriage, etc.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I would say add your name Greg, but your betraying us and heading for Auburn.

One thing we need to keep in mind is do we want a prez who is an expert at wheeling, but lacks in the computer area, or do we want one who can run this board wonderfully, and keep things smooth here, and may not know as much about wheeling....just a thought.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Why do they have to be an expert at either? It's always good to be learning something all the time. I'm still relatively new to the weeling my own junker, but have learned from others in the past and try to pass on what I know.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
I would say add your name Greg, but your betraying us and heading for Auburn.

One thing we need to keep in mind is do we want a prez who is an expert at wheeling, but lacks in the computer area, or do we want one who can run this board wonderfully, and keep things smooth here, and may not know as much about wheeling....just a thought.
I think first and foremost is having a pres that is involved, whether they are building for months on end (Kyle) :D or actually get out and wheel every single weekend they need to be able to generate, and maintain the present level of interest and participation - on the trail and the forum.

Someone who consitently interacts, helps plan runs, generates interest for future events, and keeps us informed of all sorts of wheeling related news and events.

Computer skills IMO takes a back seat, that can always be volunteered by any member capable or as a last resort, outsourced.

They dont have to be an expert at anything, just involved.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think first and foremost is having a pres that is involved, whether they are building for months on end (Kyle) :D or actually get out and wheel every single weekend they need to be able to generate, and maintain the present level of interest and participation - on the trail and the forum.

Someone who consitently interacts, helps plan runs, generates interest for future events, and keeps us informed of all sorts of wheeling related news and events.

Computer skills IMO takes a back seat, that can always be volunteered by any member capable or as a last resort, outsourced.

They dont have to be an expert at anything, just involved.

x2

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
thanks for the mention but i don't have enough time to be the prez. i'm lucky if i get to check in once a day.
-daniel

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I'd be up for helping or whatever if running/monitoring the board is too much..heck I did for the GA cruisers and that board is dead. But they had regular meetings (which is harder here I understand)

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well we dont have to have a prez by friday do we? i think just as we make the decision asap then i dont think there will be any problems

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
"And the monkey flips the switch"

Alright I seriously need to start checking the boards again... So kyle is no longer president soon i assume...?
We need a new prez and its looking like its between Chris, Alan and Colin...

Kyle will chime in eventually on all this...

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I think Kyle has been officially staying out of it on purpose.
There is a thread in the general discussions section about his official resignation. He asked us to have a poll and come up with a new Prez.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Then we also have to vote on a new ....what is Colin's title?
Hes land use involvement responsibility guy.... Which I think is one the TOP jobs in our chapter, but if Colin becomes Prez, we're gonna need a new one of those too.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
The way I see it, with the people that have said they dont want it....and thanks to Kyles information, it looks like it comes down to:

Alan (Alan11116)
Colin (Got Cope?)

Greg, you gonna put up this poll, and lets see what its all about?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Yep thats right Kim is pregnant. So its down to Alan and Colin...

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
If greg doesnt make the poll soon, we should, go ahead and do it and vote.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
and then there were two.

Poll created.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts