TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well that was a hellava run. In keeping with this year's theme, this run wasn't without carnage. Our FJ took some rock rash to his passenger rear fender flare and rear bumper, one of our pick-ups sheared an idler arm mounting bolt, and a 4Runner popped a bead. I also took some rock rash to my passenger side view mirror. If I missed anything, add it to the list!

Cleghorn has been washed out and severely rutted by the heavy storms that rolled through here in the last month. So much so, I had to radio back a couple times warning of possible body damage to our wider and taller rigs. The work that had to be done to get everybody safely through added to the time spent on repairs took a toll on the group. We started up the trail around 9:30 and were barely half way done at 2am. We decided to skip the remaining obstacles and get back onto pavement quickly.

I was one of the lucky ones who lives nearby and pulled into my driveway at 3:30. We had drivers from Santa Ana and all the way from San Diego. Did you guys get to see the sunrise before hitting the pillow? What a night. Everyone was in great spirits, though! It was a good group to be with with what we had to make it through. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Well, except to maybe start earlier.

Thank you to everyone who stuck it through to the end!

On a side note:
There has been extensive work done to keep drivers off certain parts of Cleghorn. More so than what I saw earlier this year. But I also saw a lot more vandalism. Steel poles bent in half and braided steel wire cut and ripped from supports. It's sad, really, that there are people out there that prefer to destroy others' honest work just to have fun. The direction this is headed, I wouldn't be surprised if we see the full closure of Cleghorn to the public in the near future.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My wife didn't want me driving home to SD at 0330am so she booked me a hotel. My head hit the pillow at about 0345am. Lot's of fun but a long night. Maybe next year we start a little earlier... say about ~1600pm-1700pm. That way get get in some daylight, get to watch the sunset and could finish the whole run by 0000am.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ok want to start off by saying thanks to everyone who helped with my truck and donated some bolts and thank Encantoran88 for loaning me his idler arm brace. It got me off the trail and home saving me from a 3hr wait for the tow truck . I am going to be making my own. Main reason for failure of the idler arm is oriellys gave me an idler arm for a 2wd toyota pickup base model. After raising some hell and explaining the night to them they refunded my money for the first part and comped me on the right part and it still retains lifetime warranty. But i am still going to make a brace for it.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Glad to hear you made it home ok . Blazeland is still showing a brace under 40 $$ ,i really should have 1 too . does the loaner brace have a name ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Definitely a long night. I pulled into my driveway in Lakewood ~0345. Definitely a different look getting out there at night and running it in reverse. Recent rains also have added difficulty to some sections. Still fun times and nice night to be out on the trail. Thanks to Sparky for leading and Mark for tailing. Looking forward to the next one.

Glad to hear you made it home ok . Blazeland is still showing a brace under 40 $$ ,i really should have 1 too . does the loaner brace have a name ?
If i remember correctly I saw NWOR, Northwest Off-Road Specialties. Check out the link.
http://www.northwestoffroad.com/parts/steering_components.php

·
Registered
206 Posts
Its from northwest offroad but they dont show a price ill see if i have enough material to make a couple

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
I love wheelin with this group, everyone is always willing to lend a helping hand. See you'll at the next one, hopefully by then I'll have a new steering rack and ps pump. NO ps sucks!!!!!
:cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
idler brace

Thanks for the info , i clicked on the picture 3 times before i realized its not a modern website . . BTW i went back and ran the whole trail today. ..where i winched the FJ , just above that puts you into the side hard !! i have new scratches above the windows! Sparky for sure made the rite call . i went both ways and boogered both sides:mudding: i have some material if you ever come this way

·
Registered
110 Posts
Here's my right rear bumper rock rash before and after pushing it out. Not quite bad enough to justify a real bumper. Thanks to Mike's help, there was no body damage which would have been certain if he did not slowly wench me away from the rock wall. If I repaint the plastic bumper, then it be like it never happened. - Nah.

Oh - and I got a group picture.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts