TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy wants to sell a set (4) Nitto Terra Grapplers 265/75R16 with 70% tread for $100. I am in the market for tires...so from your experience...should I jump on this deal?

04 Crew 4x4 stock

·
Registered
64 Posts
you might have some rubbing issues with anything over stock tire size (265/70) so I've heard... not personal experience, but i'm in the market for tires and have read a lot on here recently.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
youll get rub on the frame rails when turning full....not a big deal if you pay attention....mostly annoying. but for the price, if those are the tires you want, go with it....worst case scenario you made a hundred dollar mistake. others have made worse.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Aside from fitment issues, the Terra Grapplers work really well for an A/T tire. I've seen them easily outwheel some M/T tires.

·
Registered
661 Posts
:)
Aside from fitment issues, the Terra Grapplers work really well for an A/T tire. I've seen them easily outwheel some M/T tires.
DITTO.
And I had the 265/75-16's on my 2000 reg. cab with no lift and they never rubbed.
I have been running these tires ever since I tried them. :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
That's a smokin deal, i'd jump on that quick. I had some of those on my old GMC and they got me through some pretty dirty ass mud holes that i probably should've been stuck in

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
i have them on my taco and they are pretty good on the street and off road mine are just 285/75/16 33s next will be the same tires but 315s so my next se are gonna be 35s

·
Registered
473 Posts
yeah

Good in the sand. Not so much in the mud from my experiences. Or really from my friend's experiences as I was basically doing circles around him while his Nitto's were spinning. Don't get me wrong, they are a good all around tire, just not the greatest. Shoot for $100 I'd take them any day of the week.
-Dan

·
Registered
93 Posts
My 265-75-16's have a slight rub on the frame with a 3" lift. I would take them for $100 and consider which lift I want if they rub...eventually you will want to lift anyway if you wheel enough.

·
Registered
183 Posts
For you guys having rubbing problems with 265/75s...are you on stock wheels? When I had 265s on my 97 tacoma they easily cleared the frame rail, but slightly rubbed on the corner of the front bumper at full lock with compression. I'm not sure what backspacing my Alcoa's have, but they only stuck out a little past where the stockers were and I cleared fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts