TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was posting on TacomaWorld and got in to a discussion that made me really upset. There really seems to be no support for Treading Lightly or even to keep the trails clean and open. I thought I would give you guys a heads up. Maybe you know some of them and can give them some guidance.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off-roading-trails/104748-nm-blm-ohv-policy.html
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off-roading-trails/104506-got-stuck-8-hours-fml.html

Maybe there is no support for clean and open trails on TacomaWorld from the NM people. :( Maybe having "Open Areas" has them jaded to whats really going on.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Good post, BigRedToy. I have been to the Puerco many times and have seen the disrespect for the place. I guess when young punks see the mess there they feel inclined to contribute to it.

Come to think of it, there's a lot of places like that in NM. The "fuck it, it ain't my land" attitude. Maybe it's just the culture here.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Adam, i feel your pain! a few of my buddies are planning a clean up in the dona anas in about 2 weeks and would like as much help as they can get. the dona anas are pretty close to getting shut down to ohv access. i have never been wheeling out there but i do mountain bike out there every monday and the area is beautiful. its people that trash the land that get it shut down. everytime i go out wheeling or mountain biking, i have to stop at the nearest gas station to unload trash whether it be a few bottles or a few trash bags.

keep NM land open!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'd hate to loose the Dona Ana area. Post up when you confirm the date. I'd have to pull some strings to get time off work two weeks from now but I'll see what I can do. It's been too long since I've been to Cruces.

·
Registered
270 Posts
just got off the phone with him and its actually this sat. bummer though. ill be out there. if you can make it call me up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
boostaholic9
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing