TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 4x4 3.4L Manual. . . .went to drive my truck to work this morning only to find that when I lifted the clutch there was nothing. It shifts into gears, or so I think it does; the stick goes completely in and out of each gear. I had a clutchmaster stage 2 put in 2 years ago along with new synchros; let's just say I wasn't going about the smartest ways of getting people unstuck. Anyway, I figured it just needed to warm up but after a minute or two it wasn't doing anything different. I'm not mechanically inclined. . .. yet, but I'd like to know some possible causes just so a local shop doesn't try to screw with me.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
2004 4x4 3.4L Manual. . . .went to drive my truck to work this morning only to find that when I lifted the clutch there was nothing. It shifts into gears, or so I think it does; the stick goes completely in and out of each gear. I had a clutchmaster stage 2 put in 2 years ago along with new synchros; let's just say I wasn't going about the smartest ways of getting people unstuck. Anyway, I figured it just needed to warm up but after a minute or two it wasn't doing anything different. I'm not mechanically inclined. . .. yet, but I'd like to know some possible causes just so a local shop doesn't try to screw with me.
Did ya bump the t-case into neutral?

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most solutions tend to be the product of the simpliest answers. I feel like a total 'tard! Thanks for the quick reply. It's a shame I've called into work already. Whatever shall I do with the whole day off?!?!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Bet this never happens again. Now you have a sea story for the next time you go :camping:! :lmao: :rofl: :clap:
Your not the only one this has happen to? The question is, how many others will fess up to this?
I'll be first. Happened when I had my 75CJ5 in 88. Out wheeling in SW Colo, flow over a mound. My thermos flow forward and hit the shifter. Engine rev's and no go. About 5 min to figure out after complaining about the thermos hitting my shine and leaving a welt.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Most solutions tend to be the product of the simpliest answers. I feel like a total 'tard! Thanks for the quick reply. It's a shame I've called into work already. Whatever shall I do with the whole day off?!?!
I forgot to add: Ask ME how I know?..... twice... both times it was the dog that did it! One time on the freeway...quick stop, then no go, major commute traffic... 10 min's to figure it out LOL!

Enjoy the day!

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot to add: Ask ME how I know?..... twice... both times it was the dog that did it! One time on the freeway...quick stop, then no go, major commute traffic... 10 min's to figure it out LOL!

Enjoy the day!

Damn! I guess I'm lucky it was sitting right in front of my house. Even though it was frustrating as hell the whole time, I'm glad it didn't end up being something I had to pay to get fixed.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I was deployed when this happened to my wife, she had the truck towed home and left it sit until I got home. 4 months later I spent half a day trying to figure the problem out, solved it when my nine yr old daughter started explaining to me what she did and was afraid to tell mom about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts