TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, like the title says, I had no high beams, but I could flash the high beams. I followed what 4crawler said to do and filed all the contacts I saw in there. Plugged it back in, nothing had changed.

So I looked closer at the operation of the switch and the contacts, and watched what actually made contact at the various positions. What I noticed, was that when it was on the high beams on-constant, there were no contacts touching anything. I've been searching for a few hours now seeing if anyone has had this problem and haven't found anything. It looks to me like either a contact is missing, or something strange is happening.

When it's switched to the high beam position, the copper piece with the contact that is touching for the low beams drops down into this opening, but there is no contact down there for it to touch.

I've read something about there being a ball bearing and spring in there, but I haven't seen any. For those of you that have done this and taken the combo switch apart, let me know if there's something I'm not doing right, or if there's something missing. I'm gonna hit the junk yard tomorrow morning and see if I can find a replacement and see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so I found a combo switch at the junker that worked and compared it to mine. Turns out the middle contact wasn't actually making contact when in high-beam-constant. So I bent the the middle bar that holds the contact down until it touched when it should, and now it works like new :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts