TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I developed a problem. For some reason, my truck has no power when pulling out, it sputters, and I end up stalling when pulling out, unless I give it way more gas than I used to have to. Even at highway speeds, if I just push on the pedal a little, the motor falls flat on its face, almost feels like it shuts down. It's just that little bit of pedal that's giving me problems. If I'm real heavy on the pedal, it's OK, but somethin is definately wrong.

Suggestions, ideas? 3.4 V6, btw

--Scott :confused:

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Fishbone said:
OK guys, I developed a problem. For some reason, my truck has no power when pulling out, it sputters, and I end up stalling when pulling out, unless I give it way more gas than I used to have to. Even at highway speeds, if I just push on the pedal a little, the motor falls flat on its face, almost feels like it shuts down. It's just that little bit of pedal that's giving me problems. If I'm real heavy on the pedal, it's OK, but somethin is definately wrong.

Suggestions, ideas? 3.4 V6, btw

--Scott :confused:
Seafoam.. or take apart your throttle body and intake manifold and give 'em a good clean. Also clean the MAF sensor with some eletronics cleaner. Have you hit your gas tank on anything off road? Could have pinched the intake pipe in the tank..

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya think my intake is dirty? That usually gives me a rough idle, but I'll give it a shot.
And I haven't been offroad in two weeks, so I doubt I broke anything.

--Scott

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Fishbone said:
Ya think my intake is dirty? That usually gives me a rough idle, but I'll give it a shot.
And I haven't been offroad in two weeks, so I doubt I broke anything.

--Scott
I'd shoot for more of the MAF and possibly other sensors.. maybe the tbp sensor since it's pedal related.

·
Registered
85 Posts
What about a dirty fuel filter? Sometimes unless you are forcing the fuel through then the flow is greatly restricted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'd change the fuel filter and/or plugs and wires before anything else.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Did you get a CEL?
Mine was acting like this last summer, but I was getting a CEL. Cleaning the MAF didnt help, I had to replace it. Maybe you can borrow a known good V6 MAF and troubleshoot the problem.

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tbplus10 said:
Did you get a CEL?
Mine was acting like this last summer, but I was getting a CEL. Cleaning the MAF didnt help, I had to replace it. Maybe you can borrow a known good V6 MAF and troubleshoot the problem.

Tim
hehe, my light has been on for quite some time, so I'm not sure if it threw another code for this problem or not.....

--Scott

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll tear it apart and look at it this weekend, if I get time. Thanks for the suggestions, guys, I'll let you know what I find.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I'd replace the filters, fuel and air, and clean the maf. Maybe check the plugs, see what they look like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts