TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got 33's today and my truck drove fine all day. I got in it tonight and it started to idle really rough. I can hardly take off. It sputters whenever i give it gas in any gear and when it is in neutral.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
bad gas? could be misfiring due to a bad spark plug or plug wire. Got a check engine light on? If so what codes do you have? If you post up more info it like year of the truck, mileage, engine size etc you will get more help.

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
I just got 33's today and my truck drove fine all day. I got in it tonight and it started to idle really rough. I can hardly take off. It sputters whenever i give it gas in any gear and when it is in neutral.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Your truck isn't used to the bigger tires. It's a little tired. Ease into the bigger shoes so it can get used to them.

(sounds like a fuel filter needs to be replaced)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Things just got worse. I went out there this morning to start it and it won't even start. I just keeps turning over.

It is a 1996 2.7 4x4. I was in the mud yesterday, not even over the tires. Could it still be possible that I still got water in the engine. If i did, how can i check and tell? I checked my air filter and it doesn't look like any water got in there it is still clean.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Is there a CEL or any other possible clues? Got spark? Got fuel? Are you using a oiled air filter by any chance?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no cel. I go it to start by pecking on the distributer and wiggling the plug wires. It still ran bad though. I took it to a mechanic. He said it is probably needs a tune-up. I'll do that i needed to do that anyways.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Your truck isn't used to the bigger tires. It's a little tired. Ease into the bigger shoes so it can get used to them.

LOL. thats kinda funny.
Anyways, I went and played in the mud(water) with my '97 4Runner, ended up with 1 foot+ of watery crap in the cab cause i got stuck where it was deep. It ran fine for the 45 minutes back home, then when i went to start it, it would sputter and make noises. I took it in, and the alternator or starter (I cant remember now) had fried itself underwater. Not sure if this helps, but i was getting a few similar symptoms. Good luck though

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got it!!

i got new plugs and wires and distributer cap. My distributer cap had water laying in the bottom of it which is pretty bad. once i changed all of that (in Advance parking lot in the snow) It works fine.

dang I love toyota's

thanks yall

1 - 11 of 11 Posts