TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i was to remove my rear swaybar, what would keep the spring from ejecting? the shock? maybe som limiting straps?

94 v6 4runner.

·
Registered
398 Posts
the problem isnt the rear coil ejecting, that could be fixed with a little piece of metal over the end of the end of the coil. kinda like an upside down U to hold the coil there. the problem i think(not 100% sure) is that the driveshaft goes into the gas tank if the swap bar isnt there

·
Registered
250 Posts
I aint got no sway bar in the rear of my 91 4Runner. Driveline aint hit the tank yet and the springs are still in place. I guess if you decide to take the sway bar off, its a personal choice to risk things.

·
Registered
398 Posts
ya, i did some searching around and i was mistaken. go ahead and ditch the rear sway bar. its not going to cause any problems besides a bunch of body roll, since your not running a front sway bar.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will it be a motha to drive as a daily driver? or is it not that badd?

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
I pulled my rear sway bar when i did a 4" lift, the problem it lets the rear end have to much travel and ends up tearing the link mounts off the axel housing because the links dont have any way to twist and are stronger than the mounts. so far ive ripped all 4 damn near of if not all the way off. ive had to go in and gusset and plate everything to get it to stay plus my links are now chromoly with heims on top and johnny joints on the bottom. if i start wheeling it again its getting leaf springs or a redisned 4 link with longer arms and coil overs or air shocks.
if you do remove sway bar it will lean bad if you have a all-time-on locker (detroit, loc right etc). mine leans pretty bad and its on 37's so its always kinda fun to drive in traffic and freak people out

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't know about with the rear, but a front sway bar isn't that bad to drive without on a coil sprung vehicle. I drove my 2001 Dodge on 38.5's like that for 2 years.

·
Registered
250 Posts
For me it dont drive too bad. I aint really torn any of the mounts in the rear yet. But I really dont wheel it too much on the rocks either. Just small time stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts