TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had bought some nice BMW M3 seats tan leather and then descided if I was going to have to do some serious mods to the floor I wanted better seats. So then found some nice Volvo seat S60 tan leather full power with memory :D
So I had been putting the M3 on Craigslist for a while while I was looking for the S60's I also descided to put up the stock buckets. I figured it would take a while to sell them - well sold both yesterday.
So now the truck has no seats and I have to get the S60 shoehorned in in a couple of days before we head up noth....LOL whish me luck.
Boy the shit I get myself into - I guess I'm fully commited on this install.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well day one report - went to my good buddy's Andy's house, he's the guy currently witting it out with the Dick on the main board about Turbo's.
Anyhow he noted that I didn't have the plugs for the seats....so off to the volvo dealer for the harness. Finnal got out to my other buddy Eddy's place where we figured out what wires to hook up to get the power working - couldn't find any diagrams on line :rolleyes:
Then I started taking out the forward sheet metal mounts for the drivers side. I had allready gutted the interior. finished that and started cutting up the tunnel. Got that done and bent somwhat to the correct configuration and cut a new piece of sheet metal to weld into the hole. Had to break from that it was getting late and I didn't want to break out the press so I moved to the other side to remove the front seat mount.
Kind of a pain in the ass removing the front seat stucture - it is spot welded in several places- sucked getting them out.
Looks like things are right on track - total pain the the ASS!! like trying to stuff 10 pounds on shit in a 5 lb sack. anyhow clearences look super tight not even so sure things will clear without other alterations but time will tell. I've post another upadte tomorrow.

-TBob

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
MMMMMMMMMM........m3

something about a 333bhp straight 6.......yeah seats are nice,
but motor/SMG is bitchin-used to road race them....:D

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
seats are out of a Volvo S60 - not an M3

padesertboy said:
MMMMMMMMMM........m3

something about a 333bhp straight 6.......yeah seats are nice,
but motor/SMG is bitchin-used to road race them....:D

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ok - day 2 tunnel is back together, new sheet metal added
Found out after that the the seat is still to wide - thought this would be the case but was hoping it wouldn't.
So the platic cover on the outter side needed to go and the tubes that held it on needed to be cut down. The plan is not to cap and tap the tubes and make an aluminum side cover and ano it mat black. I'm gona make a recessed area for the electric controls - alot of work but I think it will look good onces it's done.
Need to get auto caulk to seal things up and some sound pad. - Eric please send info on the pad.
The only mount that ended up usable was the rear tunnel mount I'm making a drop down bracket useing that mount the other 3 mounting points will be new.
Here is a pic of the tunnel modified. Not the back mount that will be used

From the bottom

Here is a top view of how much the floor was widened.

Out of town starting tomorrow so progress won't start agian till next week.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
TBob said:
it's not just the both of you - :rolleyes:
Are you fu#k$*g nuts?? LOL

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Mark in Az said:
Shoot, I'd bet T-Bob probably has mods even he's forgot about. The guy is relentless.
and to think, just a few short years ago he was bitching and moaning about a little rock rash on the hackberry trail and AZ rocks :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
11 Participants
TBob
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing