TTORA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel I got a killer deal on my Supercharger from Ebay, new in the box with warranty certificate and all that jazz. I cut open the documentation packet and started looking over all the docs. The install book said in about 5 places in red boxes that you needed to mail in the warranty card to have a warranty on the SC. Well guess what, no card. I called TRD, they tell me they no longer put a warranty card in the packet and that the receipt is sufficient. First of all how about updating the book, and secondly that screws you if you didn't buy it from a dealer.

So just be aware if you're buying one from Ebay there's no warranty even if it's new in the box unless you have it installed by Toyota. It's not a show stopper for me since my 4Runner is nearly out of warranty anyway, but it's something to be aware of.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mudferret said:
Not a new thing, but good to remind people nonetheless.
Maybe not, but in all my searchign the past month I never saw this mentioned a single time on any of the three forums I've been reading up on. I doubt it would have made any difference, but is something I'd like to have been aware of.

Everythign I saw referenced a warranty card you just mailed in. Since that's no longer included, it forces you to buy from the dealer if you wanna warranty and do the install yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts