TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a spare nitrous bottle laying around from my racing days, I think its still got a full fill now that I'm thinkin about it, anyhow I was wondering if there is a cheap/easy way to convert it to a CO2 bottle for trail use. Any ideas?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I was told on mine you need new/used gauges and new/used valves. My local welding shop set me up for NO2 for under $150 including bottle, guages and valves, and said they would switch me over to CO2 if I want.

·
838 Posts
As long as the "neck" can be removed and replaced and as long as the psi rating of the tank will hold the pressure of the CO2 it should be fine as stated above. Almost all compressed gas cylinders have the same diameter and thread on top, its just a matter of what CGA fitting you thread into it. I just had an oxygen cylinder converted for me at the local welding shop and it works GREAT. Just be sure the cylinder can sustain the pressure and has been tested within the last 5 years...2200psi is nothing to play with!
Also be sure if you convert it you tell them its for GAS use otherwise they may put a siphon in it to pull out liquid CO2 from the bottom of the tank(like to fill paintball guns and such) This is very important because LCO2 is cold shit and will destroy your tires/tools and be a real pain in the ass!!! Trust me on this one, I am CGA,CGMP, DISS, PISS(that one cracks me up), and cryogenics certified.

Doug

·
Registered
491 Posts
Let a certified welding shop doit. Don't mess around. There is cheap and there is stupid. Stupid will self distruct.

·
Registered
43 Posts
where are you located, i might still have a 5lb co2 tank in the garage from my aquarium days. it's a standard 5 lb tank from a welding supply store.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts