TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently the temp has dropped down to about 30-40 at night and in the mornings when I drive out (730) I hear a wierd deep noise comming from the passanger side of the motor when ever i lug it..

Like when I come out of my driveway in 2nd gear and give it some gas.. cause it's alright if I shift through the gears normally though.. Anyone have any idea?

·
Registered
883 Posts
I have a very light whistle noise. it started after i took it on the beach, im not too worried about it though.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya -it's probably the Airbox TSB. I have an 07' and its going in this week for this exact problem, something to do with where the inlet tube from the airbox comes into the inner fender.

What are they going to do or have you not talked to them about it? I've got to take my truck in to get the steering corrected anyways.. I'll prolly mention it to them too.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Need a better description of the noise. Does it sound like a knock/tap, whine/whistle, rumble, etc.
Knock/tap/whine/whistle/rumble...

Yep, that's the noise! You described it so accurately you must have heard it before!

Every now and then it goes Whooo Whooo, but that's just decoration. (You should be up cooking breakfast or sumpthin')

·
Registered
35 Posts

Yep, that's the noise! You described it so accurately you must have heard it before!

Every now and then it goes Whooo Whooo, but that's just decoration. (You should be up cooking breakfast or sumpthin')

I don't get it... He was asking the OP to describe what the noise sounded like...

·
Registered
5,467 Posts

:rofl: But they ain't trippin' off tha flowmasta's.

I don't get it... He was asking the OP to describe what the noise sounded like...
Have you heard of Bubb Rubb before?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I get a deep noise that sounds like an electric fuel pump filling the bowl on the carb on startup. Obviously that is not what it is, but that is what it sounds like.

Mine is also from the passenger side of the motor compartment, and much more prevalent when it is cold.

Anyone else have this? Know about it? Know about the airbox TSB?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have you had the air inlet tube removed from the air filter box? I had removed my air filter box to install a K&N filter, and to remove the secondary filter, and later had the same type of noise. I loosened the hose clamp that holds the tube to the filter box, rotated the tube a bit to put some tension on it, and re-tightened the clamp. Noise gone. The tube was slightly touching and vibrating on the inner fender where it goes through the inner fender. Rotating the tube slightly and re-tightening the clamp changed it's position enough that the tube now has some pressure on it where it goes through the inner fender. Now it's slightly pressing against the inner fender. More pressure between the air inlet tube and the inner fender = no rattle. Hopefully that isn't confusing...

·
Registered
302 Posts
I will try playing with that and see what happens...

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
will try that.. i still get the noise again this year after the temps have dropped some.. It's a really deep noise from passanger place.. SO it's probably what is mentioned above.. I'll try and get back to you all later.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts