TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33731&item=7938702728&rd=1

I dont know if I should even begin to beleive this guy since he's already ripping people off (grey wire mod) but do you see the stuff about a stock Non TRD Locker? maybe he thinks the trd lsd? I dont Know but that would be damn cool if there was one for my axle so I could throw it in there without going to the whole smaller trd locker axle... unless thats what these are, the smaller axle put into a non trd truck.

Tell me if youve heard of this.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have a 1997 tacoma ext cab lx. never had trd stickers or bilstein shocks, the truck was ordered with a rear locker for 600 more. it was a friggin option to get a taco with locker w/o trd.

check the vin.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doc_Sausage said:
I have a 1997 tacoma ext cab lx. never had trd stickers or bilstein shocks, the truck was ordered with a rear locker for 600 more. it was a friggin option to get a taco with locker w/o trd.

check the vin.
Hmm you sound upset. So do you think its the trd locker? Ive heard the non trd ring is 8.25? and the trd one is smaller, what i want to do is be able to find one of these and put it in my non trd axle.

·
Registered
212 Posts
No he doesn't have the 8.25 rear end. He has the 8in rear end. The locker option was available by itself as a single option or you could get it with the trd package. I wish the PO of my truck had ordered it that way. Oh well. :rolleyes:

The only way to get the trd e-locker in a non-trd truck is to swap the whole rear end from a trd equipped truck. The e-locker can't be retro-fitted to the 8.4 taco rear end. Well, nobody has taken the time to do the serious modifications needed to the axle. Not worth the time and effort on mods to the housing. It just is easier and less hassle to swap the housing.

The other options are a arb or a lunchbox locker like an aussie or a lockrite. I think there is even a detroit for the non-trd rear end too. :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts