TTORA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, before I start, just want to say I had a blast going out with the Hawaii guys on my first run to Peacock Flats. Was great meeeting everybody and I had fun breaking in my taco; I love her even more now.

Ok, my problem is with my heater. I have an 04 Xcab 4x4 TRD 3.4L with nearly 6k miles on her. When I change my air from cold to heat, I hear a noise from the passenger side of the cab. It sounds like a rubber piece rubbing against something; almost like a soft "quack" or a duck call. After that the hear kicks in; problem occurs again when I switch from hot to cold. Noise happens about a second after I move the dial. Problem occurs anytime I use it, both when I start her up and when I've been driving around for a while. Any ideas? I hope this is warrantied? Problem started happening about a week ago; searched for threads on this but havent found anything.

Anyway, nothing critical, but just something that concerned me. I dont have a Chilton's so I have no idea what it looks like in there or what happens when I go from hot to cold. Just wondering if anybody heard about this before. Thanks and have a great Monday guys.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
its probably the blend door opening and shutting that is making the noise. Most of the time you will only hear it when going from full hot to cold or vise versa, if you hear it at all.

·
Registered
297 Posts
MililaniTaco said:
Hey guys, before I start, just want to say I had a blast going out with the Hawaii guys on my first run to Peacock Flats. Was great meeeting everybody and I had fun breaking in my taco; I love her even more now.

Ok, my problem is with my heater. I have an 04 Xcab 4x4 TRD 3.4L with nearly 6k miles on her. When I change my air from cold to heat, I hear a noise from the passenger side of the cab. It sounds like a rubber piece rubbing against something; almost like a soft "quack" or a duck call. After that the hear kicks in; problem occurs again when I switch from hot to cold. Noise happens about a second after I move the dial. Problem occurs anytime I use it, both when I start her up and when I've been driving around for a while. Any ideas? I hope this is warrantied? Problem started happening about a week ago; searched for threads on this but havent found anything.

Anyway, nothing critical, but just something that concerned me. I dont have a Chilton's so I have no idea what it looks like in there or what happens when I go from hot to cold. Just wondering if anybody heard about this before. Thanks and have a great Monday guys.
Knoxtaco is right on. It may need to be lubed.... since its an 04 you could just take it to the dealer and have them look into it and fix it. It should be warranteed unless you have managed to extend the basic 36k miles...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.