TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
** Updated with Pics **

Hello,

New here but not to cars. I have a 2005 Evo 8 and a 1999 TRD supercharged Tacoma. My Evo gets most 99% of my attention (Luckily my Taco has been reliable enough to do that) but now I feel that my truck may need some TLC. I'm here to learn about the TLC my rig may need.

My truck has the TRD stage 1 supercharger (earliest version) a K&N fipk intake, TRD headers, and a TRD exhaust. I'm think I'm experiencing power loss but I've owned the truck since '01 and my Evo has 430awhp. So, maybe it's placebo effect. :confused:

However, I was at the 1/4 mile dragstrip last night and for the heck of it I ran my Taco to a weak 16.7 @ 75 mph. This seems to confirm my suspicions. Where do I start? I was thinking a tune-up and checking the catalytic converter. Thanks.:)

BTW, it runs 10's in the 1/4!

And one more thing that I drive :cool:

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Welcome.

I just left OH also. LOL

Seriously - great folks in the OH chapter if you ever want to go offroad!

What dragstrip? Norwalk?

As for your truck, I would start with the normal tuneup things - plugs (especially the gap - also, NO BOSCH - the Germans and Japanese don't cooperate so well), timing, O2 sensor. Make sure the fuel injectors are clean and flowing well. You may want to contact URD about the fuel system upgrades for the S/C, too - make sure you're not running too lean.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Welcome to TTORA x2 on reading up on all the URD goodies what part of OH? some of us will be heading to On & Off Road in Oberlin Friday night if you want to stop by

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. I've decided to change the fuel filter and the cat. converter (only $121 at Summit) as a start.

RedRunner, I've been to all the 1/4 strips in the area but prefer Dragway 42 because it's usually a lot less crowded and you can get a bunch of runs in.

Nev2Dep, thanks for the info and invite. I'm working nights for the next 7 days so I'm out on that one but I'd like to make it out sometime.

·
Registered
95 Posts
welcome ,i just got here myself . I live in Ashland ohio. Between me and my future wife we have 1 -99tacoma 1-85 4runner 1-86 4 runner and a 88 pickup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts