TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chris and I just got back. Had a blast! Props to those that made it out there before the gate closed "again". . .

Pic's are uploading as we speak. ;)

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
:worthless

·
Registered
273 Posts
Chris and I just got back. Had a blast! Props to those that made it out there before the gate closed "again". . .

Pic's are uploading as we speak. ;)
Good times for sure!!! That was a chill trip for sure. Was the gate on monitor pass closed on you guys when u came out??? I have some funny pics of that!I've got some pics too I will post asap..:)

R.I.P Bob

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
BBBBOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBB...... NOOOOOOOOOOO! :)

Check out link, we were stuck there also. They told us about you guys!!! Had a blast, nice seeing you again, this was definitally a lot more chill than Eagle Lakes! :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good times for sure!!! That was a chill trip for sure. Was the gate on monitor pass closed on you guys when u came out??? I have some funny pics of that!I've got some pics too I will post asap..:)

R.I.P Bob
BR, Weeeeeee!!! Good times! We need to get you and your buddies pictures uploaded. :cool:

Yeah, the gate was closed FOR SOME STUPID REASON! I asked the Sheriff why it was closed again, and he said because it just snowed . . . .
Maybe if they would actually "check" the road conditions, they wouldn't be locking the gate for no reason. Grrrrrrr! Oh' well . . . it was fun hangin' out. :p

Nic, I sent you my pic's.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Yeah, the gate was closed FOR SOME STUPID REASON! I asked the Sheriff why it was closed again, and he said because it just snowed . . . .
Maybe if they would actually "check" the road conditions, they wouldn't be locking the gate for no reason. Grrrrrrr! Oh' well . . . it was fun hangin' out. :p
Yeah, it snowed about 1/8th of an inch. Weee. Lock the gates.

Gates make me angry. :mad:

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yeah, it snowed about 1/8th of an inch. Weee. Lock the gates.

Gates make me angry. :mad:

Later,
....Mike
Yes 89 was closed for no good reason.
Lots of fucking gates were closed for no good reason.
It's all because of the incident up at Trinty Alps I believe.
Its not fucking Disneyland people but the powers to be have to protect the morons that come to the mountains from themselves
You can always get to Barney Riley thru the Leviathan Mine road from 395 and get out even if the gates are locked.
I have talked to several locals and have talked to a guy on Monitor pass last time I was up there 3 weeks ago who just came up that way..
Its always open.
We would have come up to save Mike and Nicole and others but we made the decision to go to Salt Creek resuvoir and camp on the Mokolume river where we were told was the alternate site. Oh well for following directions.
We had a great time. I will stop by Mikes tomorrow and get the pics of NOTBR posted.
We found the gate at Ellis locked and drove around it.
FUCK GATES

·
Registered
51 Posts
Its not fucking Disneyland people but the powers to be have to protect the morons that come to the mountains from themselves
You can always get to Barney Riley thru the Leviathan Mine road from 395 and get out even if the gates are locked.
I have talked to several locals and have talked to a guy on Monitor pass last time I was up there 3 weeks ago who just came up that way..
Its always open.
We would have come up to save Mike and Nicole and others but we made the decision to go to Salt Creek resuvoir and camp on the Mokolume river where we were told was the alternate site. Oh well for following directions.
We had a great time. I will stop by Mikes tomorrow and get the pics of NOTBR posted.
FUCK GATES
So those were your tracks I saw. I actually thought about doing the same thing but thought with my luck I would be up there when the ranger decided to make their trip down through there.

If that Honda Accord made it though I am going to kick myself in the ass and grow some balls.

·
Registered
51 Posts
So those were your tracks I saw. I actually thought about doing the same thing but thought with my luck I would be up there when the ranger decided to make their trip down through there.

If that Honda Accord made it though I am going to kick myself in the ass and grow some balls.
After giving it some thought I will probably keep a Dremel tool in my truck and just cut off the bolt head and open the gate. I am not saying that is the right way but I shouldn't have to drive 35 miles out of my way.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its always open.
FUCK GATES
TIM! We were yelling your name all day! That sucks those a-holes closed the gate on you guys! It's amazing that 4 rigs got in, considering the only time the gate was open was when it was actually snowing! :confused:
Why they would close it "after" the storm and KEEP it closed, even though road conditions were fine, is mind-boggling. I'm sorry you and your buddy didn't make it. :(

We'll have to plan another trip during the summer when there isn't the slightest chance of a possible road closure. ;)

·
Registered
244 Posts
like i said in the other thread, didnt get much for pics friday ngiht... heres what is did get.

·
Registered
398 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
like i said in the other thread, didnt get much for pics friday ngiht... heres what is did get.
Those are some REALLY nice pictures man!

Yo Anthony, any way you can post up that picture of my truck stuck at Strawberry?

Thx.

~Miguel

·
Registered
273 Posts
BR, Weeeeeee!!! Good times! We need to get you and your buddies pictures uploaded. :cool:

Nic, I sent you my pic's.
Ya when my buddy zach sends me his pics i'll send them ur way...

1 - 20 of 93 Posts