• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1176 Posts

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im trying to get people together to go camp at barney riley the first weekend in may. Just a relaxing weekend at the tubs. We CAN attempt to remove the HOS as stated in the other thread, however...I dont think the whole process is refined/organized enough at this point to do it that soon. SO Id like to go wheel the trail and hang out for the weekend at the tubs. This is an awsome trail with a pretty cool place to camp at the end. Id head up friday afternoon/evening and leave sunday morning.
Ill be leaving little glowstick braclet thingys on the trail posts for people coming in at night or arnt sure where to go. they wont be as bright as glowsticks but hey they are free!

Location: Barney Riley trail is located east of Markleeville and ends close to the Nevada state line. Access the trail from HWY 89 or Monitor Pass between HWY 4 and HWY 395. Turn North on to Loope Canyon Road, it is located 1.7 miles east from the intersection of HWY4 and HWY 89. Take Loope Canyon Road for 1.3 miles to FR 190B turn left. In about mile and a half you run into FR 310 which takes you all the way to the North Fork of the Carson River. Be sure to take a map there are a few trails you can make wrong turns on. Some trails have markers but not all of them.

The group meetin at the trailhead between 4-5pm on friday will be meeting at the wendys just off the 99 where the 88 begins. 2pm @ the wendys. We will be leaving as soon as MIG AND ANT AND I get together. take highway 88 to highway 89 towards markleeville CA....turn left onto 89 where the 4 begins. We will be at the trail head 4pm-ish leaving for the tubs NO LATER THAN 5pm MAYBE EARLIER!!!!!!!!!!

There is a group leaving SAC @ 7pm meeting at the mcdonalds on sunrise blvd. The group leader is CHRIS-smithtacoma. Please send and questions to him in a pm or post.

Post up when your gonna show
DONT FORGET TO BRING SOME WOOD!

So after talking to W8ng4MsRgt his spot sounds like the best alternative to BR.
Reason being strawberry is at around 8500 feet. his suggestion is around 3500 feet and has multiple trails in the area from mild to wild.

goto google maps and put in the coordinates 38 28.93' N 120 15.94' W

I will post up after I talk to him in the morning, he will be the scout for the 89 open/closed....if it is...thats where im going to head and meet up with him.
This sounds like a better solution to a botched weekend. There is fishing firewood and great camping sites all over...shooting is alowed outside the refuge (which is right across the river) If you need to contact me in the morning PM me and Ill shoot you my number. Im not gonna let some stupid road closure ruin my weekend. FUCK CALTRANS if that shit is closed

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Im busy that weekend, wont make it.

If you do any attempt of the Dodge, you had better talk with the Forest Service first. Contact Reebles, she talked to them a few weeks ago....

You will see at what a pain in the ass that dodge will be to remove.

It sounds so easy....but believe me, its not going to be anywhere near easy.

Good luck, and enjoy the tubs.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Maybe if you can't tow it out.....cut some shit off to save time / work for the next time.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
ya this trip I will see if the superduty will go....he is been wantin to go...sounds like a good run to see and enjoy the tubs......to bad your not going there andy....we will miss you oh so much...........:flipoff1:

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
what is broken....this is just about a 2wd trail for you...

Well....I am not really that sure yet, I am hoping that its just my leaf springs that are worn out, the last Eagle Lakes run we all did my springs collapsed and my shackles where resting on my frame on the way out, then somehow they corrected themselves....it was wierd.

I just bought some new Marlin 4" leaf springs and hopefully I can get them on and do a shakedown shortly after that, before May.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
hopefully I'll have my 456 and new locker in by then....that would be good... oh ya and I built a new drive line (WES) ...longer and bigger and HARDER....( please no pictures) ......

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PLANS......are posted.....will this work for a post....
HAHA! funny guy!
If I get my damn front end fixed I will go
Let me know if you need a hand with anything Ant.
Im busy that weekend, wont make it.

If you do any attempt of the Dodge, you had better talk with the Forest Service first.
I wont attempt anything without any kind of SOLID plan.

FUCKYEA!!!!

I should be able to make this run!

~Miguel
SWEET! thats awsome dude....I havet actually wheeled with you since Gold lakes and you were on 32's!
Maybe if you can't tow it out.....cut some shit off to save time / work for the next time.
Ill take what garbage and can break/take out without major tools or fuckin up the way it comes out.

Im stoked about this trip!! I NEED to wheel/camp BADLY!!!!! its gonna be an awsome relaxin trip;)

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
to bad your not going there andy....we will miss you oh so much...........:flipoff1:
You will miss my smudge pot too.....

Oh and BTW, when we were there last weekend, there were signs at the trailhead that read

"NO CAMPFIRES"

So enjoy yourselves.......bring propane heaters!

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You will miss my smudge pot too.....

Oh and BTW, when we were there last weekend, there were signs at the trailhead that read

"NO CAMPFIRES"

So enjoy yourselves.......bring propane heaters!
Hmmm..fire restrictions already? the hot tubs will be plenty warm for me....I have a camper shell:D Ill look more into this NO FIRES buisness:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
SWEET! thats awsome dude....I havet actually wheeled with you since Gold lakes and you were on 32's!
Haha...I guess Moonrocks doesn't really count cause we weren't able to hit up the Canyon Trail. But yea man...I plan on not remembering much that weekend.

:xbeer2:

~Miguel

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
dude.....bring those apple pie bread cooker thingies again...they rock!
Eff yes! I'll bring them shits. And then you can have your fun cutting a hole in the side and having your way with it in your tent...

What's funny is that everyone thinks I look like Jim from American Pie.

~Miguel

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha...I guess Moonrocks doesn't really count cause we weren't able to hit up the Canyon Trail. But yea man...I plan on not remembering much that weekend.

:xbeer2:

~Miguel
Yeah moonrocks was cool but its not really wheeling unless your on a trail...not that BR is very difficult.
You bringing RRRRRRRRRAAMON? lol

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
hopefully I'll have my 456 and new locker in by then....that would be good... oh ya and I built a new drive line (WES) ...longer and bigger and HARDER....( please no pictures) ......
Heh, I woulda sold you one for cheap- with a fucked up u-joint that I can't seem to get beat out ;)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
thanks for the offer but I can find my own bent drivelines here....and I don't have any problems with wakin my joints.....:D

·
Registered
230 Posts
Eff yes! I'll bring them shits. And then you can have your fun cutting a hole in the side and having your way with it in your tent...

What's funny is that everyone thinks I look like Jim from American Pie.

~Miguel
Holy shit!!!!! You do look like Jim form American Pie, how have I never recognized that. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 - 20 of 1176 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.