TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've decided to head up Mormon Emigrant trail and play in the snow. Meet at the Safeway in Pollock Pines. Please be gassed up and ready to roll by 10:30AM.

To get to Pollock Pines, head east of Sacramento on Highway 50. A few miles past Placerville take the second Pollock Pines exit and get off on Sly Park Road. Turn left under the freeway and you will see Safeway on the left.

We are thinking about heading up Mormon Emigrant trail, and then taking North South road to highway 88. If there is not enough snow at that elevation we can certainly head farther up Mormon Emigrant trail.

A few of us are camping, but you are welcome to come up for the day if you like. Please bring shovels, tow straps, and anything else you think you might need to survive in the snow for a couple days.

See you there!

Later,
....Mike
 

·
concussed
Joined
·
1,159 Posts
countdown to snow run

the time to prep is now! i havent even started my truck in 2weeks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KRYPTO(dale) said:
the time to prep is now! i havent even started my truck in 2weeks.
Are you bringing the old one or the new one? You should camp with us. Snow camping rules! At least until your air mattress deflates and you wake up with your ass touching the snow....

Later,
....Mike
 

·
concussed
Joined
·
1,159 Posts
decisions, decisions....

'ol blue can make the trip-and wheel like hell!,..but i have no tent,so..greentrd
would be sleepable,.but...its a stocker...i bought a motorcycle yesterday..and could use some seat time..fawk!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,299 Posts
ARGHHH!!!! I won't be able to make the trip again. I'm heading up to Sonora friday night.

On a side note, Dale, I can bring one of those tires you been wanting from Mike. Let me know and I can stop by Mike's place, if he still has them.
 

·
concussed
Joined
·
1,159 Posts
mike! dont worry about the spare tire..thanks anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,330 Posts
My girlfriend and I are coming along and camping. Hopefully you won't mind pulling me out of the snow a lot, my tires have seen better days :( .

Miguel

Mike said:
Are you bringing the old one or the new one? You should camp with us. Snow camping rules! At least until your air mattress deflates and you wake up with your ass touching the snow....

Later,
....Mike
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
miguel4110 said:
My girlfriend and I are coming along and camping. Hopefully you won't mind pulling me out of the snow a lot, my tires have seen better days :( .

Miguel
No worries, snow wheeling is all about getting stuck! :D

Later,
....Mike
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,091 Posts
I'll be there! :rolleyes: :flipoff1:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,091 Posts
Mike said:
And are you gonna be driving your truck, or coming up with an excuse to not wheel again? :D

Later,
....Mike
Ouch, Low blow! :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
650 Posts
I may even show up this weekend... i drove the truck to the shop on sat... the first time its moved since takeover. think jeff (exo boy), and a few others may show as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
How many of you all are going? I am thinking of heading to the snow with my 4 year old son for the first time. He has never seen snow, however my truck is all stock. Would it be a good idea to go snow wheeling?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,330 Posts
Well looks like Im gonna have to flake. My parents decided to come visit this weekend....arg...sorry for the blue balls... :xcrybaby:

Miguel


miguel4110 said:
My girlfriend and I are coming along and camping. Hopefully you won't mind pulling me out of the snow a lot, my tires have seen better days :( .

Miguel
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanhnp said:
How many of you all are going? I am thinking of heading to the snow with my 4 year old son for the first time. He has never seen snow, however my truck is all stock. Would it be a good idea to go snow wheeling?
Everyone is welcome on this trip, all we require is 4WD. We will be mostly driving on paved roads that dont' get plowed in the winter. We will all probably get stuck at some point, but that's half the fun! :D

Later,
....Mike
 
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Top