TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we went up to Icehouse Rd and it's surrounding areas on the 24th. It was absolutely gorgeous! Perfect amount of snow on the ground to make it fun, but not enough get you stuck. We were wanting to go back up there soon; anyone interested in taking a day trip in January?
Enjoy the Pics......

one for those who have never seen us =)

Our Favorite campground on Gerle Creek

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Nice pics! Just an FYI for winter time up there.... there is a voluntary agreement between four wheelers and cross country skiiers. We're not really supposed to go past the Loon Lake chalet and the little power building.

It's not illegal to do so, but just putting the info out there. I think there is a sign near where they stop plowing that explains it.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info....we saw tracks, so we didnt think anything of it. we didnt go past the end of the second dam....and we didnt see a sign....oh well...now we know. is there anywhere where we could research such agreements, so we know ahead of time, or is it just kind of something you learn through experience? thanks mike =)

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
RyanAndJenn said:
thanks for the info....we saw tracks, so we didnt think anything of it. we didnt go past the end of the second dam....and we didnt see a sign....oh well...now we know. is there anywhere where we could research such agreements, so we know ahead of time, or is it just kind of something you learn through experience? thanks mike =)
Well, as I understand it, it's a voluntary agreement, so it's not illegal to go in that way, just that four-wheeled people are generally encouraged to use the Wentworth Springs side in the winter. Things are always changing, and it's hard to keep up sometimes, and this may not even be relevant anymore, but here's some info I found from an old post by Del Albright on the PBB....

The last I saw the sign I remember it being somewhere between the Chalet and the power station building.

Del said:
Snow Wheeling:

I need to let you know, if you don't already, that we're going to ask folks to NOT use the Loon Lake entrance for snow wheeling. We're going to use Wentworth Springs access.

FOTR, the ROC and El Dorado County are all working together with the USFS and the folks who like to recreate up there without motors. We all agree that we need to stay off of the Loon Lake dam road and use Wentworth instead. We have to accept that motors and tires don't mix well with cross country skiers and snow shoers. That's ok. We have plenty of room to wheel by using the Wentworth entrance.
Later,
....Mike

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Rodge said:
Stop posting pics of the snow! You and TacoDell are really starting to get me jealous. :D

Awesome pics, and I have to agree, the scenery is gorgeous!
:p Kaliforni is the place you ot to be... he he

Oh nevermind... we got too many of yer likes here already... :mad:

LOL... JK... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
TacoDell
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing