TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Sisyphus said:
Was a friggin blast! I need a way to upload all of my pictures to the Norcal server so I dont have to photobucket them all :)
Get BigBadBob to make you an account on that server! My pics are uploading now.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
That was a lot of fun... a good start to 2007! But I can see now why wheeling trips are usually incorporated with camping trips... might as well get the most out of the 6 hour round trip commute! :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
sexy.taco said:
That was a lot of fun... a good start to 2007! But I can see now why wheeling trips are usually incorporated with camping trips... might as well get the most out of the 6 hour round trip commute! :)

exactly why I didn't come....add another 4 hours round trip..... for a day trip, it's a bit much! Looks like you all had some deep stuff to play in! How'd the FJ do besides sink? The new Red truck still being wrenched on?

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
MrSammi said:
exactly why I didn't come....add another 4 hours round trip..... for a day trip, it's a bit much! Looks like you all had some deep stuff to play in! How'd the FJ do besides sink? The new Red truck still being wrenched on?
Actually, the snow wasn't very deep at all! Normally we can't get past the big hill close to the 88 side.

My shock mount broke. :mad:

But Nicole fixed it. :D

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Never fails. These guys didn't happen to see the 10+ signs that say "ROAD CLOSED" and were trying to get to Kirkwood ski resort in a stock rental Nissan. They called 911, and CHP dispatched a tow truck at $190/hour. I told the guys in the Nissan that we would have pulled them out for free, but now that the tow truck was all the way up there it wouldn't be right to get in the way.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Mike said:
Unfortunately the tow truck got stuck too, and our group along with some other random people ended up rescuing everyone!

did you get paid $190/hr to pull out the tow truck? LOL!!!

Way to go NorCAl!!!

Mike-bummer 'bout the shock mount... at least it was on Nic's side for the ride home...oops! did i say that out loud?

I see you pulled out the Angry FJ......?

Looks like a fun day to play!

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
MrSammi said:
did you get paid $190/hr to pull out the tow truck? LOL!!!

Way to go NorCAl!!!

Mike-bummer 'bout the shock mount... at least it was on Nic's side for the ride home...oops! did i say that out loud?

I see you pulled out the Angry FJ......?
I don't think it matters which side was missing a shock, the truck drove really freaky all the way home! I guess some welding is in my future....

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
458 Posts
Mike said:
I don't think it matters which side was missing a shock, the truck drove really freaky all the way home! I guess some welding is in my future....

Later,
....Mike

So, how heavy is a stuck tow truck?

Think of the welding as practice.... gotta keep those skills current during the winter months for the active spring/summer season!

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
MrSammi said:

Think of the welding as practice.... gotta keep those skills current during the winter months for the active spring/summer season!
Tow trucks are apparently pretty heavy. Took four Toys connected in a man-train to get it out.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MrSammi said:

Over 10,000 lbs! :eek:

·
Registered
398 Posts
that looks like fun....god dangit, why do i always miss the good runs.

did the guys in the tow truck have to pay the 190$/hr to the tow truck since you guys ended up pulling out the tow truck AND the nissan

·
Registered
458 Posts
Mike said:
Tow trucks are apparently pretty heavy. Took four Toys connected in a man-train to get it out.

Later,
....Mike

I was looking at pic's while you were putting them in the album, and I thought the tow truck was pulling the 'train' backwards.... I apologize, I should have know that 4 Toyota's wouldn't have a need for a Ford (I'm a SuperDuty owner, so I can bash...-I also know how heavy that diesel is and how not compatible with snow, those tires are...!!!).... Too Funny! Did you guys pull out the Nissan people? ...and then give them directions?

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
MrSammi said:
I was looking at pic's while you were putting them in the album, and I thought the tow truck was pulling the 'train' backwards.... I apologize, I should have know that 4 Toyota's wouldn't have a need for a Ford (I'm a SuperDuty owner, so I can bash...).... Too Funny! Did you guys pull out the Nissan people? ...and then give them directions?
Some random guy in the green Toy pulled out the Nissan. It wasn't even really that stuck. The five guys who were in the Nissan probably could have pushed it out.

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
458 Posts
Mike said:
Some random guy in the green Toy pulled out the Nissan. It wasn't even really that stuck. The five guys who were in the Nissan probably could have pushed it out.

Later,
....Mike

pushed it...aired down a bit, used a brain cell or two... called 911.. How far in from pavement were they?

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
MrSammi said:
pushed it...aired down a bit, used a brain cell or two... called 911.. How far in from pavement were they?
We asked them why they didn't try airing down, they said they had no idea what to do out there and didn't have any snow experience.

They were closer to 88 than to 50.

After I drove around them and parked, they asked what we were doing up there. I said, "oh, just messing around in the snow." :D

Later,
....Mike

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
About this Discussion
91 Replies
23 Participants
AuburnTaco
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing