TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ladies and gentalmen getting my first yota's this weekend one is an 82 4x4 which ill be keeping and the other is an 87 i think but i know its a 2wheel drive. but i went snow wheeling this weekend on mormon imigrant ((sp?)) trail and it got me prementally hooked. hope to learn alot and use the search button often. :cool:

im also a student and im starting UTI on march 12th so i can become a mechanic so yah i think thats it for this newb...

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
where you at in Nor Cal? im in vacaville at Travis AFB

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanks. plan on signing up. where do we normally go wheeling. im tottaly new to this. i am coming from the dark side ((import ricers)).

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA! Congrats on the purchase, post a pic when you get a chance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im up in shingle springs about 40 minuts from mormon emigrant trail. born and raised up here in the boondocks ((not really the boondocks but close))

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
tank said:
im up in shingle springs about 40 minuts from mormon emigrant trail. born and raised up here in the boondocks ((not really the boondocks but close))
It's the boonies, I went to Ponderosa High School. :D

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Welcome aboard, tank.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow another pondo escapee..if you dont mind me asking what graduating class were you in? i just got out in may of 06.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
all the nor cal guys should get togather in Prarie city or somthin soon i havent been able to go offroadin with you guys cause your always goin to the rubicon or somthin where you have to have a rock crawler or SAS to go too

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
DavidTaylor9 said:
all the nor cal guys should get togather in Prarie city or somthin soon i havent been able to go offroadin with you guys cause your always goin to the rubicon or somthin where you have to have a rock crawler to go too
Aww now. Theres usually more slider and rear locker trucks out than anything. Next weekend, no rocks just snow.

Hi Tank. You too- March10, Upcoming Events folder.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
there's nothin around like a nice trail i can do 2wd maybe just my locker around here like prarie city during the summer type terrain but just better and dosn't suck, I went to knoxville by berryessa and hade alot of fun i heard there is some place in Vacaville you can offroad at

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
The only place I've heard of in Vacaville is nasty nasty.
You're right though, most places will require 4wd- I get the impression, so don't quote me on this, some place like Cow Mountain might be very doable and alot of fun with a 2wd.
Lack of low range will hurt the 2wd as much as not spinning the front, I think.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
have you ever been to the hill right off 80 between fairfield and vallejo i see dirt bikes there all the time i just want a place to rip around with my son not a all day trip just for an hour or two

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Cool, no I haven't seen that. I try to steer away from the direction of the Bay at all costs ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hahahah yeah ill stay clear of that secton on 80 to. well id love to go on the snow wheelin day run but cant make it. i doubt my all stock 83 yota 4x4 would do any thing in the snow except slide ((tires are icky on it)) besides it would be hard for me to go in the first place i start uti that next monday. bu im down or a local prarie meet im about 20 minutes from there and thats if i do the speed limit...

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
tank said:
wow another pondo escapee..if you dont mind me asking what graduating class were you in? i just got out in may of 06.
I graduated in 1987. Back then you could still smoke on campus. :D I'm sure that's all changed now.

Do they still chain that 55 gallon drum to your bumper if you park in an illegal spot?

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Mike said:
I graduated in 1987.

Later,
....Mike
hehehe... I was 6 yrs old :D :lmao:

****edit****
actually seeing that graduation is in spring sometime, I was actually 5 going on 6... wut? :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hahaha 55 gallon drum? haha noo they tow your stuff now and hand out tickets which is bull...and if they catch you with smokes its more tickets and not fun stuff..

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I Was 5 In 87

1 - 20 of 22 Posts