TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, ive been following the forum for a while and decided to join. Ive spent the last 18 on the Rubicon Trail, except ive been doing it on a Motorcycle. Im in my upper 40's now and my body is not what it once was, so im taking up a new hobby

My plan:

I plan to buy a 1979-1983 Toyota 4wd Pickup, drop a 4.3L in it from a 2001Blazer 4x4 that I have sitting here at the house, along with a TH350 trans.

I plan to keep the truck body unmolested, I wont chop the bed or wheel wells, I want to keep them in tact. I love the look of the first gen bodies!! So im going to have to lift the truck more than I want to in order for the tires to clear the wheel wells.

It seems to make sense for me to build a short bed, rather than a LWB long bed being that im going to be playing with this truck primarily at Tahoe and the Rubicon. However, I love the look of the Long Bed better and a LWB will handle better and drive better on the road.

So ya, Hi, im Ray and im already addicted!!

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
I'll be moving up to your neck of the woods soon. I just bought a house up in Nevada City out on Scotts Flat road. Not too far from Fordyce which is right down 20 just a little bit.

Hey Guys, ive been following the forum for a while and decided to join. Ive spent the last 18 on the Rubicon Trail, except ive been doing it on a Motorcycle. Im in my upper 40's now and my body is not what it once was, so im taking up a new hobby

My plan:

I plan to buy a 1979-1983 Toyota 4wd Pickup, drop a 4.3L in it from a 2001Blazer 4x4 that I have sitting here at the house, along with a TH350 trans.

I plan to keep the truck body unmolested, I wont chop the bed or wheel wells, I want to keep them in tact. I love the look of the first gen bodies!! So im going to have to lift the truck more than I want to in order for the tires to clear the wheel wells.

It seems to make sense for me to build a short bed, rather than a LWB long bed being that im going to be playing with this truck primarily at Tahoe and the Rubicon. However, I love the look of the Long Bed better and a LWB will handle better and drive better on the road.

So ya, Hi, im Ray and im already addicted!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be moving up to your neck of the woods soon. I just bought a house up in Nevada City out on Scotts Flat road. Not too far from Fordyce which is right down 20 just a little bit.
Im actually still living in Livermore, I will be in Auburn in just under 2 months. Im chomping at the bit to get up there!!

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Me too. I should be pulling out of here on the 15th and moving in up there on the 17th. At least that's the plan and the way it's supposed to go. If it doesn't, somebody's liable to die cause I'm gonna be one pissed off camper.

Im actually still living in Livermore, I will be in Auburn in just under 2 months. Im chomping at the bit to get up there!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts