TTORA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am stepping down as the NorCal president. My actions in Moab this weekend were irresponsible and reflected poorly on the club and wheeling in general. For that I am sincerely sorry.

My irresponsible behavior left me with a totalled truck, bruised up girlfriend, and some legal trouble. It shouldn't be too difficult to figure out that alcohol was involved.

To all of my friends who offered help and support, I appreciate that, sometimes in life friends are all you have and that really means a lot to me. You know I would always help any of you in a heartbeat in any way I possibly could.

To the couple hypocrites who judged me so harshly, derived pleasure from my misfortune, and went way above and beyond to kick me in the nuts while I was down.... I can only laugh when I think about all of the times I have seen you driving down the trail with a beer in your hand.

Oh well. I will continue to remain very active helping people on this board as well as out on the trail. 2007 is going to be a great year wheeling with all my friends around the west!

I am still a couple states away from home with intermittent internet access, but I will respond to emails, pm's, and message threads when possible.

See you out on the trails! (Sober of course!)

Regards,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Mike... Im sorry to hear that. :( But being the President is just a name. Im sure your participation and active involvement in the club will continue. You are a great friend and an asset to this orginization. We all make mistakes! I forgive you! As I know most of the people on here do.

Good luck from this point on.

Peace be with you,

Yogi

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
At least you were able to man-up and admit when you're wrong, I think that says a lot about your character. You seemed very responsible and definitely a role model type (from my point of view) when I met you last year. I have a lot of respect you, and still do because I think you're doing the right thing here. Hopefully you can get a new truck up and running sometime soon. I hope everything works out alright, and Nor Cal won't have any problems finding a good president I'm sure. If there's anything you need from a buddy in So Cal, let me know. Good luck.

-Tweeter

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Mike,
I am sorry to hear that all of this happened.
We are still here to support you though Mike, just as Andy said.

·
Registered
741 Posts
dang Mike, i know you have helped me out a few times that were much appericiated, i don't really know what happened but i was pretty shocked to see this thread.. i hope it all comes out well.

Austin

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yogiaz said:
OH yeah... I hope you can still make it out to AZ rocks! :) And my pad is still open for you to stay at. So you dont have to factor in Hotel Costs.

Yogi
Ronn, Nicole and I will be there! I appreciate your hospitality!

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I agree with Andy that it is the right thing to do. Hopefully you can learn from it, make better decisions, and help others make better decisions in this area. It takes a big man to do this and this decision speaks well to your character.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
I'm very sorry to see you step down, Mike. You have been the best Nor Cal pres ever and probably ever will be.

It took a real man to do what you have done. While I'm sorry you have done it, I'm glad that you did because it speaks volumes to your credit.

I can only hope that others will follow your example. Problems are usually best dealt with head on while denial only prolongs the inevitable escalation.

I will be there if you need help in any way that I am able to offer.

·
---------------
3,569 Posts
Mike - You are an outstanding person and have always been a role model for many members for your activity in the club! I'm glad to know that you will still be active in the club and I'm looking forward to seeing you in April for AzRocks!

-Tim

·
Keyser Soze
546 Posts
We all make mistakes Mike. That is to be expected. How you recover from those, shows what kind of person you are. It sounds like you are trying to do the right thing after making a mistake and that is good.

A bump in the trail Mike. A pretty good sized bump, but a bump none the less.

I am just glad you didn't break your fool neck or anyone elses for that matter and I look forward to hitting the trail again with you someday.

·
Registered
854 Posts
It takes a lot to stand up and admit what you did was wrong. For that, I commend you and gained respect for you even though I don't know you. We all make mistakes, it's learning from them that makes us stronger! Good luck with everything!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I wish TTORA could actually do something to enforce drinking while on the trail by its members, but alas, this is simply beating a dead horse it would seem.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
highplainsdrifter said:
I wish TTORA could actually do something to enforce drinking while on the trail by its members, but alas, this is simply beating a dead horse it would seem.
That's what staff members are for. No one's perfect.

·
Kill Yourself!
2,091 Posts
Mike,
I'm sorry to see you step down, but at this time it is the right thing to do. It's just a title anyway. Learn from your mistakes and move on. That is how we learn in life. We all make mistakes. I don't hold anything against you. See you guys at AZ Rocks!

·
Random Dude
1,043 Posts
Mike, you are by far the best president TTORA has ever had in any state. Your enthusiasm, participation, committment and leadership are surely among the best of any volunteer organization. I'm here for ya to help with anything you need.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
BigBadBob0 said:
Mike, you are by far the best president TTORA has ever had in any state. Your enthusiasm, participation, committment and leadership are surely among the best of any volunteer organization. I'm here for ya to help with anything you need.
Well said, Bob. And I agree completely.

Good luck with getting things sorted out. See you on Saturday and on the trail.

·
Kill Yourself!
2,091 Posts
BigBadBob0 said:
I agree Bob!!!

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.