TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much would it cost to load our trucks onto an amtrack car and take the train to takeover??? or a cargo plane (prob too expensive). instead of a three day drive it would take a day and a half and we wouldn't have to stop every 50 miles to fix The Dick's o2 sensors. :xdevil: maybe we could get a group rate on our own transport car. im gonna look into it... whos interested?

·
Registered
272 Posts
hammerdown said:
how much would it cost to load our trucks onto an amtrack car and take the train to takeover??? or a cargo plane (prob too expensive). instead of a three day drive it would take a day and a half and we wouldn't have to stop every 50 miles to fix The Dick's o2 sensors. :xdevil: maybe we could get a group rate on our own transport car. im gonna look into it... whos interested?

hm..dpending on how cheap it is...im in :)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
hammerdown said:
Getting there is half the fun! Be sure to factor in the cost of airfare into your decision.

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
a better plan would be to hire a transport truck.i dont know how many lifted trucks they could haul,then rent a motorhome and party on to takeover!:xpimp:

·
wut?
1,466 Posts
KRYPTO(dale) said:
a better plan would be to hire a transport truck.i dont know how many lifted trucks they could haul,then rent a motorhome and party on to takeover!:xpimp:

Captkirkyota Owns a transport rig, you can hire him.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
KRYPTO(dale) said:
cool idea ;)

now to start saving $$$$$$ weee!

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
Ted said:
Captkirkyota Owns a transport rig, you can hire him.
He tried that for this last Takeover and something fell through with the company.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
getting there is half the fun... a bunch of us on a train to the east coast would be hell on wheels... steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel wheels. i feel a willie nelson song coming...

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hammerdown said:
ok well amtrack only offers auto transport from florida to virginia but another company offers auto transport on freight cars anywhere. it doesnt sound like this idea will work.anyone know anybody with a big boat?

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
where the hell is takeover '05 anyway?:confused:

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
KRYPTO(dale) said:
where the hell is takeover '05 anyway?:confused:
East coast or Penn or something like that...figure about a 2500 mile drive, LOL

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
Ted said:
You can do it.
I'd rather have a train haul me and my Taco ;)

·
Registered
933 Posts
The train sucks. I took it a couple of years ago when I moved from Reno to NJ. The damn thing takes forever and it is mad expensive. One of my buddys in ME hires a semi to haul his Jeep to CO every year just for one weekend. It is not cheap, but it is faster and you don't have to stop in every friggin town along the way. Of course you need another vehicle to ride in, or fly and rent a car or something. But if you aren't worried about backcountry sheriffs with a hard on you should drive. I have done it several times, and you can't beat it or the price (Unless you get a ticket or worse). Traveling this great country is the most amazing thing. But I don't have to tell you guys that. That is why we wheel in the first place. Hope to see yall there

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
hammerdown said:
Better yet if we get a caravan to the east coast going we could all do 65mph so we don't spend allot on gas and just cruise the whole way! We could find TTORA members along the way and crash at there houses..lol.

But then again the gas to get that far is roughly 600.00 one way! I figure 3000 miles? when getting 200 miles to the tank average that's 15 tank fill ups at 40.00 a pop that's about 600.00 each way! For that you can have your truck shipped across country and fly in?

Ok never mind I'll wait till next year..lol

·
wut?
1,466 Posts
cb77DEMELLO said:
Better yet if we get a caravan to the east coast going we could all do 65mph so we don't spend allot on gas and just cruise the whole way! We could find TTORA members along the way and crash at there houses..lol.

But then again the gas to get that far is roughly 600.00 one way! I figure 3000 miles? when getting 200 miles to the tank average that's 15 tank fill ups at 40.00 a pop that's about 600.00 each way! For that you can have your truck shipped across country and fly in?

If your drive your ass off, you can make it in 3 days. Don't be scared.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
cb77DEMELLO said:

my round trip ticket was $316 ;) just fly out and ride shotgun. ship out a bunch of stuff to sell that will pay for your trip and write the whole thing off your taxes.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
cb77DEMELLO said:

Check this as a comparison. Almost all transport trucks will charge 500 bucks across country, so 1000 round trip. plus hytenors 316 round trip air and it's 1316. Your driving would be 1200 in gas alone, plus tire ware and hotels along the way, food etc. So you ship your rig the days it take to get there ahead of time and fly in to meet your truck and you've SAVED money over driving and have less travel time for yourself.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts