TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a small piece of aluminum sheetmetal or diamondplate. I am trying to add ~ a 4X5 bottom to a roof basket i have. The aluminum i already have is 1/4, and would be super duper overkill, not to mention that it would add a ton of weight to the top of my 4runner. So i am looking for something that is at most 1/8 inch thick, i'd like thinner. Roughly 4 feet by 5 feet. Doesn't need to be pretty because i am going to paint it.

I called the local steel yard and they want $80 for some 16 gauge aluminum sheetmetal, i was hoping to spend less...

Any hookup's or ideas?

Steve

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
Norcalvp said:
I'm looking for a small piece of aluminum sheetmetal or diamondplate. I am trying to add ~ a 4X5 bottom to a roof basket i have. The aluminum i already have is 1/4, and would be super duper overkill, not to mention that it would add a ton of weight to the top of my 4runner. So i am looking for something that is at most 1/8 inch thick, i'd like thinner. Roughly 4 feet by 5 feet. Doesn't need to be pretty because i am going to paint it.

I called the local steel yard and they want $80 for some 16 gauge aluminum sheetmetal, i was hoping to spend less...

Any hookup's or ideas?

Steve
any metal distributor should have it. I get stuff from Albany steel and El Cerrito Steel (smaller stuff). around here.
yellow pages? :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts