TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We will be heading up to the Lake Pillsbury area to cut x-mas trees. The permit to cut is only $10 and you get to wheel along the way!

We will be meeting at Coddingtown Mall in Santa Rosa at 7am and heading up from there as a group. Everyone is welcome to come, even if you don't need to cut a tree and just want to come for fun. All vehicles are welcome.

Drop me a note for more info if you want to attend.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
For sure i'm coming on this one!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
TACORICAN said:
Is this the same place we needed like 300 feet of straps and winch to get me and the brown kid out?
ahahah o yes....that was too fun.

but we are a little more prepared this time. ;)

931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TACORICAN said:
My neighbor would like to come out and get a tree as well. He really wants to come out just to get a tree. He has an Explorer. Would that be okai?

Yes, that would be fine.

931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TACORICAN said:
Is this the same place we needed like 300 feet of straps and winch to get me and the brown kid out?
Dont you want to do it again now that you are a more experienced driver?

·
Registered
217 Posts
asteffes said:
Is this trip suitable for a total beginner with a new, all-stock truck?
It really depends on snow depth...it can be very deep at that time of year out there...you'll probably be alright though.

I'll probably already have an x-mas tree, but I might run out there with you guys for the first time, seeing as i'm about 1 hour away from Lake Pillsbury :D

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
asteffes said:
You'll be fine. Just be prepared for....

-getting stuck....buy a toe strap or two, spare tire, shovel, warm clothes, food, and body damage (always a possibility)

I went last year in Feb. and did fine in a stock truck. With the exception I had to be winched up a hill.....and it took a long time.....and i was a newb without any recovery equipment.

There aren't really any technical sections (at least we didn't go on any) but it's a fun place to go to!

Here is what the place looks like.

http://www.parksoffroad.com/alloldtrips/pillsbury3192005/pillsbury3192005.htm

Hope you can make it!

Kaleo

931 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TACORICAN said:
LOL. Yeh I guess. Remember, there is nothing on the other side of the cliff................BTW. Did you pick up your shackle?
Not yet, maybe this trip! Hope I saved the waypoint....

931 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
asteffes said:
Yes. Dont worry, we wont get you into any real trouble!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is this run still taking place? Just curious... I may join you guys

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
If we don't have our own chainsaw.....will you cut a tree down for me? :)

·
Registered
924 Posts
hawaiianbro said:
You'll be fine. Just be prepared for....

-getting stuck....buy a toe strap or two, spare tire, shovel, warm clothes, food, and body damage (always a possibility)

I went last year in Feb. and did fine in a stock truck. With the exception I had to be winched up a hill.....and it took a long time.....and i was a newb without any recovery equipment.

There aren't really any technical sections (at least we didn't go on any) but it's a fun place to go to!

Here is what the place looks like.

http://www.parksoffroad.com/alloldtrips/pillsbury3192005/pillsbury3192005.htm

Hope you can make it!

Kaleo
Pic # 14 and 15 would be me. Just stay away from there. HAHAHAHA.

931 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hawaiianbro said:
If we don't have our own chainsaw.....will you cut a tree down for me? :)
Dont worry, I have a swiss army knife with a saw on it for you :D

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
TRD4ME / PARKSOFFROAD.COM said:
We will be heading up to the Lake Pillsbury area to cut x-mas trees. The permit to cut is only $10 and you get to wheel along the way!

We will be meeting at Coddingtown Mall in Santa Rosa at 7am and heading up from there as a group. Everyone is welcome to come, even if you don't need to cut a tree and just want to come for fun. All vehicles are welcome.

Drop me a note for more info if you want to attend.

Pete,

Do you know of any places closer? Its pretty long drive from the east bay for a one day trip.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts