TTORA Forum banner

781 - 800 of 800 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Nice but you need to get some paint or something on that wood. Coating it with bedliner stuff would be really cool and it would make for a durable finish. That roll on yourself Herculiner stuff would do it.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Put some spar varnish or Sikkens on it. If you apply it right it will be waterproof a long time.

Or maybe try the new Rustoleum "never wet" rattle and tell us if it works:D

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #784
Put some spar varnish or Sikkens on it. If you apply it right it will be waterproof a long time.

Or maybe try the new Rustoleum "never wet" rattle and tell us if it works:D
It doesn't work. Any oil on it and it wipes off (including oils from your skin). Soap takes it right off. Isn't abrasion resistant too...

But I will eventually paint it and carpet the top of it. Too busy right now to do it though.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I assume you're talking about the rustoleum not working....Good to know. Saved me a couple bucks trying it.

Your truck is sure looking good. If you ever camp in some serious rain I'd be interested in how sealed that top is.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Carpet? Are you taking it off road or to a low rider's car show? LOL

It doesn't work. Any oil on it and it wipes off (including oils from your skin). Soap takes it right off. Isn't abrasion resistant too...

But I will eventually paint it and carpet the top of it. Too busy right now to do it though.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #790
Still need to update this thread. Installed some lights in the shell.

I also just ordered a rebuild kit for my steering boxes. I'll be doing both the Late and Early style box, so I'll do a writeup for each :)

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #791
Changing things up in the front end next week and built some roll out storage box for the rear. Stay tuned...

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #793
I wish, I had a chance to when I broke a leaf a couple years back but it's just too much money to swing when it works for me

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #798
I still need to update it with the new rollout box. I guess i should hunker down and finish it

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #799
Truck is for sale! Contact me for details

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
781 - 800 of 800 Posts