TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i remember everyone wanting to do another north padre run. June 9-10 would be a great weekend since thats when they have the annual c-sculptures event.

c-sculptures is a sand sculpture competition they have on the first section of the beach on north padre (the area where the hotels are on the beach). they also have a bikini contest, live music, and other cool stuff going on that weekend. it would definately be a fun weekend to run the island and see some bikini's.

there are LOTS of overnight parties and bond fires on the beach on friday night before c-sculptures, similar to spring break. its a really big event down there. it was always the official kickoff for the summer in highschool.

pics here:
http://www.corpusbeach.com/csculpture2.htm

anyone else want to come?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have never been to Padre but wanted to try to make it down there this summer, but with the way gas prices are looking, it would cost me over $150 in just gas to drive down there and back!!! We liberated their damn country and spent BILLIONS doing it, the least they could do is hook us up with some cheap oil!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have never been to Padre but wanted to try to make it down there this summer, but with the way gas prices are looking, it would cost me over $150 in just gas to drive down there and back!!! We liberated their damn country and spent BILLIONS doing it, the least they could do is hook us up with some cheap oil!!!
this is north padre in corpus christi not south padre down by mexico. i go to corpus all the time and it only costs me half a tank each way and we have the same truck.;)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
If you wanted oil, we hit the wrong country ;)

Same here though, I wanted to try to get that way too, but it aint happenin this year.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:bump:
bump for less than a month away. does anyone still plan to go or have plans changed in favor of texas takeover since it is 2 weeks after this? i am unable to do both so if everyone is ditching and opting for takeover instead i will probably do the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts