TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been told by a few members not to get a CAI for my 07'? Why? I know that it give performance gains for 04- models so why not 05+ models?

Also what all is against the warrenty?
Changing mufflers?
I know going over 3"
?

·
Registered
106 Posts
The power gains will be very minimal. Although a gain is gain so you decide. It will be more enhanced if you mate it w/ a free flowing exhaust and maybe headers, but not too much flow i.e. 3" pipes b/c these engines like their share of back pressure.

~Joseph

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
If you are concerned about warrenty, just keep the stock box just in case...

Also, what CAI are you looking at. AFE has a very nice kit out your your truck that ryguy did a writeup on. I think Outlaw makes one too. Volant also makes a nice kit, but I havent seen it on here.

Anything else with the head shiels is just as much garbage as the next kit...

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
TRD has a kit and at the peak gain its 11 hp, it has more to do with reduced restriction, not Cold air. The stock box usually puts air 4* warmer than the outside air at fwy speeds, and about 10* around town, pretty darn good.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
How much does that kit run for?

The outlaw has a Dyno of 10...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just put a TRD CAI in and, coupled with the flowmaster cat-back system I have, it really has a lot more kick and throttle response. Great start and a noticeable amount more punch at arount 3k rpms. It was worth the money when you consider that it sounds great too. My exhaust sounds so much better now...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
The URD intake is a true cold air intake and that is why we named it the URD TCAI.

On an 05 XRunner the max gain was 18 RWHP. Others claim crank HP which is a big difference.

As you can see it works great and the faster you drive the better it works do to the increased dynamic pressure.

It is however not recommended for off roaders that do water crossings.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
If you are interested, here is the URD TCAI combined with our Competition Y Pipe and 3" Stainless Cat-Back exhaust.

Yep, that is a 31 RWHP max gain all from bolt on stuff.

Our 4x4 version of the Y pipe the "Off Road High Clearence Y Pipe" will be released soon. It gets rid of that cross over pipe that acts as a rock ancor and tucks everything up higher then the frame rails and out of the way.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Love to see you are on top of things Gadget, someone has to supply where the demand is - as you can see I am rockin' the quick shifter (and loving it)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts