TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on here a bit for the last year and half or so. I have currently a 2009 Tacoma, just a 3" lift on some 285s, it's my baby so haven't taken it wheeling much. Couple places such as Kingston Peak and part of Left Hand Canyon is all I've really been on.

I came accross this SAS'd pick up on craistlist. Listed at $3300, talked him down to $2500. I recently moved to Aurora/Centennial off Smokey. My neighbors up the road have 2 crawlers, one a daily driver on 37s, other is just a trail rig on 40s, they aren't members though. Come spring time we'll take a trip to Moab which I'm pretty excited for. Now that I have a straight trail rig, I'll hopefully be able to wheel with you guys and not be so concerned with damages.

Far as I know it has an IFS eliminator kit from trail gear, bilstein 5125 front shocks, 5150 rears and what I thought was chevy springs but guess they're from the kit according to the seller. Brand new 35 procomps. Bobbed bed which was a hack job and half, but not too too bad :saw:

Detroit locker was included just not installed, clutch is goin, and has a small exhaust leak after the headers. Everything else is in great shape, I drove it back from Pueblo with no issues at all. Once re'geared she'll run even better.

Look forward to hit up some wheeling trails next year! Here's some pics of my current 09 mall crawler :D and the 91

-mike

·
20,355 Posts
Nice little rig ya got yourself there. I would look into longs for the front axle if it doesnt have them.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh indeed I did (I blame finals, my brain is fried and clearly I'm good a procrastinating :D )
However I'm not too sure. I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to trail rigs, which I fortunately have a close friend who is currently building his and extremely knowledgeable with wrenching (he came with me to check it out before I bought it) I'll check with him, he's gonna re-do some welds that could be cleaned up and help with my other mods

·
20,355 Posts
Good to hear you have someone knowlegeable to help ya out.

With 35's the stock axles should hold up fairly well. If you go up in tire size or beat on the thing hard you will want upgraded axles.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good to hear you have someone knowlegeable to help ya out.

With 35's the stock axles should hold up fairly well. If you go up in tire size or beat on the thing hard you will want upgraded axles.
Yea, I've learned a lot already from him plus here of course where I've done a lot of reading. Thanks for the info Ike

·
Registered
310 Posts
You did exactly what I did. I have an 07 with icons and 285's etc. I got an 87 4runner just to wheel. You should come up for some snowbashing after new years...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You did exactly what I did. I have an 07 with icons and 285's etc. I got an 87 4runner just to wheel. You should come up for some snowbashing after new years...
I love wheeling but baby my 2nd gen tacoma too much haha. At least with this pick up I don't have to be as gentle. I'll be up there though, and down south, south of Pueblo at my dads up in the mountains near san isabel, love it there

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I love wheeling but baby my 2nd gen tacoma too much haha. At least with this pick up I don't have to be as gentle. I'll be up there though, and down south, south of Pueblo at my dads up in the mountains near san isabel, love it there
I'm up in the san isabel area quite a bit during the summer and fall months. Nice rig, did you buy it here in pueblo? Let me know when youre in town.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm up in the san isabel area quite a bit during the summer and fall months. Nice rig, did you buy it here in pueblo? Let me know when youre in town.
I grew up in Rye, moved to Denver after high school. My dad still lives there and visiting is always fun. Huge change of pace and nice to get away. I did pick it up in Pueblo, did you see it around?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I grew up in Rye, moved to Denver after high school. My dad still lives there and visiting is always fun. Huge change of pace and nice to get away. I did pick it up in Pueblo, did you see it around?
It doesn't look familar. I've seen most of the built stuff running around down here too. My grandfather owns property in Rye and has given it to my parents. I camped all over that area growing up through high school. I take my kids up to San Isabel lake quite a bit, they really like it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It doesn't look familar. I've seen most of the built stuff running around down here too. My grandfather owns property in Rye and has given it to my parents. I camped all over that area growing up through high school. I take my kids up to San Isabel lake quite a bit, they really like it.
That's awesome man, I love it up there. Have you lived in Pueblo all your life?

Fishing is pretty good at the lake, I usually hike up stream which is fun. Have you been to the natural water slides? Not sure how old your kids are, it's about a 2 mile hike from the lake, but pretty fun during a the summer.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
That's awesome man, I love it up there. Have you lived in Pueblo all your life?

Fishing is pretty good at the lake, I usually hike up stream which is fun. Have you been to the natural water slides? Not sure how old your kids are, it's about a 2 mile hike from the lake, but pretty fun during a the summer.
I've lived in Pueblo all my life minus the 4 years I lived in Boulder to go to CU.

My daughter has been to the natural slides a couple of years ago but my son hasn't. He's turning 3 tomorrow so he's now old enough to handle the hike down without me carrying him all the way. I plan on taking them this summer :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've lived in Pueblo all my life minus the 4 years I lived in Boulder to go to CU.

My daughter has been to the natural slides a couple of years ago but my son hasn't. He's turning 3 tomorrow so he's now old enough to handle the hike down without me carrying him all the way. I plan on taking them this summer :D
CoTTORA water slide day? Haha

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Do you travel on Weindemere St. in Littleton much? I swear I have seen this truck the last couple of weeks on that street at least twice. Either that or one that looks just like it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts