TTORA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got the prerunner today. its an 05 4 door sport. i really love the truck. anyway, the previous owner put a flowmaster on it. it kinda has a drone to it that i think i will get tired of, but overall i love this thing. i noticed that when i use the remote to lock/unlock, there is no beep. not a big deal, but i like it to beep. does anybody know if it is a fuse issue or can you program it to beep? thanks for any answers.

·
Registered
215 Posts
do you happen to know what dealer it was bought from?
i bought mine up in L.A.
but i live in san diego
none of the dealers here knew how to do it
so i had to take a drive
i dont mind the drive i just hate the idiots in the other cars

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I think you have to have the factory alarm installed. I dont have the alarm and mine doesnt beep.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
If I'm not mistaken you can program it with the clicker...push certain buttons in a certain order and it'll change what it does. If you have the alarm it should beep and honk, and just beep if you dont have the alarm...but with the remote you can change it. There should be a write-up somewhere that tells you how to do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info. it does have the alarm. i will try to find a write up somehow. the dealer didn't know anything about it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
thanks for the info. it does have the alarm. i will try to find a write up somehow. the dealer didn't know anything about it.

If you find it can you post it on this thread? I'd like to have mine beep as well, once it gets out of the body shop
:(

·
Registered
314 Posts
Go to customtacos.com and search. I found a way to program mine by opening and closing doors and pushing buttons. Yea you look funny, but it worked on my 99. I'm sure they have the newer tacos as well.

·
Registered
347 Posts
just got the prerunner today. its an 05 4 door sport. i really love the truck. anyway, the previous owner put a flowmaster on it. it kinda has a drone to it that i think i will get tired of, but overall i love this thing. i noticed that when i use the remote to lock/unlock, there is no beep. not a big deal, but i like it to beep. does anybody know if it is a fuse issue or can you program it to beep? thanks for any answers.
It's probably the piezo alarm. I'm not sure if it's got the same setup but I've got a 03, and the piezo alarm is right behind the battery. It can be easily removed by simply disconnecting the plug. It's round (maybe 1-1/2 inch in size). I thought it was loud so I put tape over the hole to lessen the sound a little.....

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I could not find the paper work (alarm booklet) in my truck so it should be at home (I am on travel right now) But in the booklet it tells you to preform a combination of pressing keypad and turning the key to aux position. Same goes for me when I called the dealer they did not know and told me it does not do it. Well when I found the paper work I followed the instructions and now my horn beeps when I lock and unlock the truck

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you can get your hands on a toyota service manual that the dealerships use it should tell you in there. I use to hate programming remotes for people. Its like you have turret syndrome or something. :D

·
Registered
215 Posts
ok if the little light is blinking...assuming you have a light...turn the key 3 times in the ignition...and it may work...thats how i had to do it...or look for a little pod...down by the footbrake...and push the button if it has one...but thats as far as i know...sorry dude...let me kno if it works...

·
Registered
10 Posts
My drivers side door locks and beeps but it no longer unlocks with the use of key fob. I have to manually shove the key in the door which unlocks the door. (05 PreRunner ac. Cab) Does anyone know how to get to motor of the locks with out tearing things up ??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts