TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey I am planning on driving over to visit some family that live in glenwood springs this summer and was wondering if any of you could recommend some trails for exploration or know of any challenging trails around glenwood springs...? I have looked at maps... and seen trails but want some opinions... I want to make my trip worth while and have some fun play time! Anyone down to meet up possibly? Show me around? wheel? fish? maybe even camp? this is all just really rough right now but looking at possibilities...TIA

-Alex (Nor*CalTTORA)

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Heck yeah we'll hook you up... but uh... when are you thinking of coming ut?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:kewl: :xpfft: July or August will keep you updated mos def... I really am looking forward to visiting CO ---never been there ! by then i will hopefully have a regeared 3rd and be locked F+R wit new front bumper and 35 a/t for the road! on 37 m/t's right now and there is no way i am driving that far with those things ...planning way ahead... :camping:??? :neener:

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I live 30 miles from Glenwood and there's a bunch of stuff around here suitable for fun, camping, fishing etc. Off the top of my head:

Transfer Trail right outside Glenwood. Moderate
The Flattops from Glenwood to Wolcott. Easy/Moderate
Red Rock Rim between Basalt and Aspen. Moderate
Lead King Basin outside Marble. Moderate
Schofield Pass from Marble to Crested Butte. Diffifcult
Pearl Pass from Aspen to Crested Butte. Difficult
Taylor Pass from Aspen to Crested Butte. Difficult
Little Annie Rd outside Aspen. Easy
Richmond Ridge outside Aspen. Easy
Crooked Creek Pass between Basalt and Eagle. Easy
Sylvan Lake outside Eagle (north end of Crooked Creek)
Hagerman Pass from Basalt to Leadville. Easy
Etc!

I live on Fryingpan Rd, gold medal fishing out my door, so we should chat!

Eric

PS check out the photobucket below for some pics from last year.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice, I am seeing what will work out and No i have not been to Moab, but I would like to stay around glenwood springs because my whole reason for go to CO is to visit family...or at least that's what they think... I am not bout to leave their house onemorning and say "bye, i'm goin to UT" also, i have never been to CO and would like to explore there first and enjoy my time and not be rushed... I might drive through it but that would only be if I have a few extra days.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Well either wa lets get some runs planed and hook up with fjcruer... Should be fun!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sounds awesome i will PM you both once i get some details planned out! Anyone else down to meet up around then? thanks again y'all, you rock.

-Alex

1 - 8 of 8 Posts