TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for those of us who cant blaze trough the desert during the day because our jobs or lives dont premit, we sometimes have to revert to night runs which are very very shitty without the proper lighting. Ive been messing around with lights for a while due to the fact our racing season is starting soon and I need to be able to chase down my buddy at all times of day and night. So I finally found lights that are awesome and at an awesome price. Checker or Oriley carries them they are their HID offroad lights, I have HID headlights and absolutely hate that HID offroad lights are SO DAMN EXPENSIVE! I understand you have to pay for product but damn I hate paying big bucks for matching stuff...the 4inch ones that are sold are awesome, and I just picked up 2 of the 7" ones from the same company, my 4"ones provide a very good spread I can see all around myself now and I will be building a chase rack with 4 seven inchers on the roof Ill let you guys know how those work but I know alot of people debate them and wonder if they are worth it and honestly they are....I have found them to be very durable. and at the price you cant beat em'

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
jesus christ those lights have been out for years. my halogen lights are brighter than those pos lights. convert a light with quality products or buy a good set of lights. Those WILL break if you run very fast on anything rough.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in all honesty man we have ran the piss out of ours, and they are holding up great, we even took a set apart, gutted the whole thing and found the new internals to be quality, we had issues initially when we had a shit ground for them, but since we re-did all of our wiring for the 2nd battery we havent had any problems, I undstand most of the users of this fourm are mostly only faithfull in "name-brand" items but for the money you really cant beat the product, we smashed the shit out of ours and have bashed them to hell and havent had any problems. we have compared them to a set of vision x hids and were they as bright as the Vision-X hell no...were they brighter than a halogen yes they were I know they have been around for a while im just saying I think the company making them may have started remanufacturing them with new parts, not only do the damn things come with a lifetime warrenty but oriely's honestly sticks to them, I feel if you are on a budget and cannot afford a rigid industries LED lightbar for 1k per ft, and you dont want to buy some PIAAS or KC's only to have them stolen why not? its a hell of a lot better product, and been pretty dependable. I thought they were a joke too but they are pretty good quality for the money.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
in all honesty man we have ran the piss out of ours, and they are holding up great, we even took a set apart, gutted the whole thing and found the new internals to be quality, we had issues initially when we had a shit ground for them, but since we re-did all of our wiring for the 2nd battery we havent had any problems, I undstand most of the users of this fourm are mostly only faithfull in "name-brand" items but for the money you really cant beat the product, we smashed the shit out of ours and have bashed them to hell and havent had any problems. we have compared them to a set of vision x hids and were they as bright as the Vision-X hell no...were they brighter than a halogen yes they were I know they have been around for a while im just saying I think the company making them may have started remanufacturing them with new parts, not only do the damn things come with a lifetime warrenty but oriely's honestly sticks to them, I feel if you are on a budget and cannot afford a rigid industries LED lightbar for 1k per ft, and you dont want to buy some PIAAS or KC's only to have them stolen why not? its a hell of a lot better product, and been pretty dependable. I thought they were a joke too but they are pretty good quality for the money.

well im glad your experience was better than mine. i did a side by side comparison and my cibies super oscars were quite a bit brighter than the hid's i had and after a week of fast washboard roads the mounts broke off. luckly i saw the lights fly up when they broke so i snatched them up put them in the box and returned them and put my halogens back on. if your are workin for you more power to you and i hope they last along time.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Out of four of the kragen hid's I have one left, which has a cracked housing. It's being used as a reverse light and works pretty good for that. The housings shatter with any vibration and fall off. It's $400 I could have put towards quality lights, or converting a set of hella's.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I know about all the conversions, but I mean for the money so far we havent been able to break them, I mean are we gonna run them on a truck for racing no, do we expect them to out preform name brand lights nah but they are getting the job done I mean we have a great spread and really great vision, and we havent even gotten to make our chase rack and mount our 7" spots we had to kinda make our own spot/pencil beam dome for the insides but they work pretty well.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
yeah i guess there alright, my good friend with a built tacoma works at o- reilly so he gets em for even cheaper and likes em, but id rather spend like 20 bucks more a light and have much brighter, more reliable and have the option of pencil/ euro beams. not to mention cops love giving fix it tickets to guys with those lights cuz they dont make a light cover

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea man I work there too haha I get em for 97 bucks lol fuckin cheap for what they do haha

·
Registered
819 Posts
We stopped using the cheap lights years ago... Broke too many when we really needed them. Seeing as how we do drive at speed at night... and it is in all conditions... We only really use LightForce lights.
Yes, we sell them... But we are NOT sponsored by them. We can run anything we want and we run LightForce...
For us, pencil beams only work if you have floods to go with them. What is nice about LightForce is all you have to do is swap out a lens and away you go with a totally different light.
We have run that Chinese lighting before... Snaps, breaks from vibration, or dies because of the rain getting into them. Cruddy wiring and you have to replace the switches. Plus, like mentioned already, the light out put does not match up.

Cheap yes... But I would take 2 halogen over 7 cheap HIDs any day. :2cents:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good to hear , I just picked up 4 Blitz 240s for my 4 Runner, I have 4 of their scopes so I figured they were GTG.
NoHair

·
Registered
673 Posts
I converted 4 hella 700FFs 140$ for lights and 50$ for hid kits from DDM tuning. Still working great for me.

·
Registered
673 Posts
That is for 2 sets. Hella 700FF lights are like 70 bucks a pr and a hid kit is like 25 a pr?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts