TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had quite a few people asking if I do fab work on the side when they have seen my bumper. I'm open to do just about anything involving metal work, bumpers, sliders, headache racks, bed racks, crossmembers, etc.

My background/training includes the Chassis Tech and Street Rod programs at Wyotech. I have also worked in a street rod shop specializing 32-34 Fords, but also building other hot rods.

Those who have seen my work can attest to my attention to detail and quality. Anyone interested in having something built can PM me here, email @ sixtyeight442-at-yahoo.com, or call me @ 713-five5seven-4oh88.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Post some pics ;)

I might be looking for someone to do some work over the winter. I'm burnt out on working on my junk.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing I have pics of on the computer is my sliders. These are the best I have of them. I'll get some more but they look bad from being sandblasted from road debris.

I do use them, and they haven't let me down yet. I use them to lift from when I rotate my tires.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please ignore the beat up paint. Sandblasting them and spraying them with truck bed liner is one of those projects I haven't got to yet. These are 1.5" square .188 wall. The fish plates and gussets are 3/16" plate. They have taken some pretty good abuse and really hard hits and all there is is scratches.

And here's one from when they fended off a Civic.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Are you looking for a full- or part-time gig doing fab as well? I know a hot-rod/cage/custom exhaust shop that I think is still looking for a good fabricator. PM if you're interested.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is some of my sheet metal work. I have some pics from the street rod shop on that old school paper stuff somewhere, just need to find and scan them.

These are both projects from school, in other words, my first two sheet metal pieces. There is NO body filler on either of these. I did paint on both. The gas tank is actually just candy and clear over bare metal.

Mailbox. Went a little crazy with the pinstriping, but hey it was my first time. :D

Motorcycle tank. No there is not a fill cap or feed bung. All built with a hammer and sand bag, Jesse James style.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have a louver punch? I need to vent my hood!
I wish, man that thing was fun to play with. I may look into dies though, they could be used in my press, although it would have to be a small piece. What about the cheap ones from JC Whitney for jeeps?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yeah, but considerably more expensive!
Ya think? No need to repaint afterwords, installed in place so no having to handle your large heavy hood everywhere and trying to line it up in the dies, done in 30-60 minutes by yourself.... $130 bucks, it was a DEAL for me!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts