TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been in the market for seat covers and new seat belts for a while now. Leather seats are tearing at seams and the seat belts springs are shot (they don't retract much anymore). The seat covers and new belts would be over $500. After the Rubicon wrecked my lower back I've been wanting a more supportive seat. My first stop, as most here know, Ebay!:keyboard:

There are several options but the ones I found come from NRG Innovations which sell as a pair, recline, slide, include 5-point harness and look plenty supportive. A great option at $340 shipped, $370 if you're in CA like me (gotta love that tax!).

I got the driver's side seat today (placed order 6 days ago) and the passenger side should be here tomorrow. The seat itself is comfortable (real test will be wheeling) and snug on the shoulders. This is just with it on the living room floor. The "hardware" included does nothing for me. I got 5x bolts, lock washers and metal grommets that "might" be used to mount the belts. Nothing to mount sliders to seat. (seller notified) Regardless of response the seat/seats are going in Sunday before the Broncos/Pats game. Go Broncos!

I will keep the updates coming as they are installed and give a thorough ride review.

I went with the "Carbon Fiber" pattern for the simple reason that it appeared more durable. Also comes in a smooth finish and cloth.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So here's my old seats

Yes that is custom duct tape inlay with some fantastic zip tie stitching.

So the slides on the new seats are quite narrower than the factory ones. The factory seat slides are 17" apart and the NRG slides are 13 5/8". So custom brackets are needed. Not a problem with a welder. Went to True Value down the street and picked up two 4ft sticks of 1 x 1/4" flat stock ($15ea). It takes almost the whole 4ft for two brackets.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just an fyi I would add some corner bracing. Not sure of your application but I built a set just like those and after a few jumps I got a little gansta lean with a bent bracket.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Best game I've seen all year! Denver just the victim of bad luck on the final punt reception.
This guy should have been paying center LB! Batman vs Bayn!

But back to the seats....

Thanks to the measure twice cut/drill once idea, the brackets went in flawlessly. The seat sits straight but feels like its an inch or two higher. I can either learn to like it or take it down the 1.25" that I have t play with (that being the height of the shortest bracket leg). Still to come is the other seat and the shoulder harness cross member. I'm going to utilize the factory seat belt hanger mount location and the forward-most "oh $hit handle" bolt for the brackets on that lil project. I'll include that in this write up.

1/2 time

After the longest game of all time....

Ride quality: only took it around the block and so far I'm happy. Seat belt is a PITA now. I had to quick mount the buckle receiver to the old right rear seat mount hole and it's a hard stuff to get the thing buckled now. Closest thing to secure it to for now till I get the 5pt harness in there.

Do not be fooled. This was not easy. I used this entire pile of tools for this on small project!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an fyi I would add some corner bracing. Not sure of your application but I built a set just like those and after a few jumps I got a little gansta lean with a bent bracket.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Not a bad idea at all man. I don't jump at all but it does take a pounding with 200lbs of meat in the seat! The brackets themselves are 100 times stronger than the factory stuff but is still only bolted to sheet metal. And the rear right foot on the factory setup did take advantage of the the transmission tunnel for horizontal stabilization. We'll see what happens :welder:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts