TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got the Chevys on so have my old nwor hds to get rid of. like any spring they weight a ton so shipping would be pretty much a joke.
I've had them for 4yrs and have hauled a lot of heavy loads and the springs are still holding up great. I have always gotten 2.5-3" of lift and the advertized extra 500#+ load cap from them. ES bushings are still in great shape, ready to bolt on.

SOLD

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Actually Chris shipping them is not really bad at all..Each one is it's own "package"..Simply wrap some tape around the leaves so the label will stick and tape over the label after that, with clear tape of course. I have shipped and received several sets like this.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TacoCrazy said:
Actually Chris shipping them is not really bad at all..Each one is it's own "package"..Simply wrap some tape around the leaves so the label will stick and tape over the label after that, with clear tape of course. I have shipped and received several sets like this.
hmm, ok. i'll get a weight, each

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bruciep07 said:
If shipping's not too bad, I may be interested. Can you give me a guestimate to 08520? Thanks...
47# each and I'll have to find out what/how they need to be sent. Fedex ground should be cheaper than ups
coming from 95457

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ttt

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've found that USPS or Amtrak seem to be the cheapest way to ship heavy and/or large items... goodluck

·
The Road Less Traveled
88 Posts
Chris, what year is your truck? Will these fit my 2000?

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lagarre said:
Chris, what year is your truck? Will these fit my 2000?
well, they've been on my '00 for about 4yrs ;)

you have a Kennesaw bumper?? I didn't know Kyle made any more of those after the big blowup some years back.

·
The Road Less Traveled
88 Posts
hytenor said:
well, they've been on my '00 for about 4yrs ;)

you have a Kennesaw bumper?? I didn't know Kyle made any more of those after the big blowup some years back.
I got my Kennesaw about 4 years ago. It's my second bumper from them, good bumper, I got it about the same time they were having problems.

I'm debating buying new springs or rebuilding my stock pack and ditching the AAL, I'v been hauling tons of wood lately in my trailer. Check your PM's.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lagarre said:
I got my Kennesaw about 4 years ago. It's my second bumper from them, good bumper, I got it about the same time they were having problems.

I'm debating buying new springs or rebuilding my stock pack and ditching the AAL, I'v been hauling tons of wood lately in my trailer. Check your PM's.
cool, I have his prototype gen2 winch bumper ;) Edgar has the proto gen 3.

these springs are great for wood hauling ;)

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ttt

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Do these things have overload leaves or what? I currently have Deaver 8 leafs on my DC and their not really holding the weight I carry (about 250 lbs day to day, 400 or so on trips).

How do they flex?

Sure would be nice to see a pic.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mojavehanna said:
Do these things have overload leaves or what? I currently have Deaver 8 leafs on my DC and their not really holding the weight I carry (about 250 lbs day to day, 400 or so on trips).

How do they flex?

Sure would be nice to see a pic.
just put up a pic. yes, beefy OL that pretty much cancels axle wrap.
the springs have been well used and actually flex very well now...compared to little or none when new. They still handle the weight after 4yrs w/o sagging. I've hauled 1500+# quite often with no trouble.
you'll want lighter valved shocks, however, to dampen these things. 255s can create a pretty stiff ride...why I switched to 170s.

nothing will flex like Deavers so don't expect these to. I was able to max out my 5150s at 10" and 11.5" (dr/pass) with 1.5" shackles and shocks on stock location.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts