TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I retarded or are these things really that hard to adjust?!

"Turn adjusting screw with a 5/32 allen wrench counter clockwise until it is even with the end of the body tube. This will set pressure at the lowest end of the adjustment range. Every complete turn clockwise will increase pressure approximately 0.75psi for the 2-8psi range, 1.5psi for the 8-20psi range, and 3psi for the 20-40 psi range."

First question: What is the "lowest end of the adjustment range"?

Second question: If I'm running 24psi in a 35x12.50R15 and want to air down to 10 or 11psi how many turns do I give it?

Maybe I've had too many beers or maybe I'm just making this out to be harder than it really is. But, for the life of me, I can't figure it out.

-Adam
NMTTORA

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
jung4x4 said:
Am I retarded or are these things really that hard to adjust?!

First question: What is the "lowest end of the adjustment range"?

Second question: If I'm running 24psi in a 35x12.50R15 and want to air down to 10 or 11psi how many turns do I give it?

Maybe I've had too many beers or maybe I'm just making this out to be harder than it really is. But, for the life of me, I can't figure it out.

-Adam
NMTTORA
Based off of your instructions
I believe Oasis sells different psi range deflators (2-8, 8-20, 20-40 psi)
I'd guess that the lowest end for each respective set would be 2psi, 8psi, 20 psi - dependent on the model.

If you wanted to preset to 11 psi - the only applicable set would be the 8-20 range - so youd need 2 turns to increase the adjustment for an additional 3psi.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhhhhh, universal instructions. I think I get it now. I believe they are the 8-20 range. My girlfriend bought them for me so I don't know for sure. Thanks for your help.

-Adam
NMTTORA

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
From personal experence, just get a spare tire, a compressor and a good tire gauge and get to work. The smaller the spare the quicker things will go.
BTW When you get it adjusted, I put the allen wrench in the hex adjuster and poured a little wax down in there to keep the screw from getting out of adjustment. Careful that you don't get the wax down in the valve. It's no biggie if you do as you just take it apart, clean it out reassemble then readjust. It's just a PITA to have to do it.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Dick Foster said:
From personal experence, just get a spare tire, a compressor and a good tire gauge and get to work. The smaller the spare the quicker things will go.
BTW When you get it adjusted, I put the allen wrench in the hex adjuster and poured a little wax down in there to keep the screw from getting out of adjustment. Careful that you don't get the wax down in the valve. It's no biggie if you do as you just take it apart, clean it out reassemble then readjust. It's just a PITA to have to do it.
That's a good idea, I think I will do that to mine. They were all adjusted pretty well to start with, but now I end up with one tire at 11psi, two at 10psi, and one at 8. LOL!

Later,
....Mike

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Yeah the same thing happend to me. It could have been the spring tenson slacking differently but if it happens again, I'll know it's the spring and not the adjustment screw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts