TTORA Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'm used to the silicon spray and fire method. A tank would be nice. I don't care for the smell of buring hair.
Ok. Elaborate on this method I am clueless on this:confused:

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Very nice. That tray is great. I love that these new trucks have so much room under the hood for "accessories."
F-YOU

I had to shoehorn my ARB compressor in there.

·
20,355 Posts
Troy, you would have more room if you did a 3rz swap. Also more power/better gas milage ect ect........

:D

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
This is what happens when Toyota builds the next gen Taco wider.
Humm..... I have a ton of space on the passenger side as well. I am thinking on board Welder over there. But after the snorkel gets installed.

Although the trade off is my size on the trail. And I have the pinstripe paint to prove it :D

Gerdo - I like the rubber you added along the mount side. I got rubber washers for where mine bolt to the frame but I think yours is more effective.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Shoot, that ain't nothin'. Looks like you could actually get your hand in there to start the screws!

Here's a 3.0 if you're not realizing how good you have it:
If you washed some of that mudd off you might have more room under the hood. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Hey now - Doug knows better than anyone how resistant that frame is to cutting, drilling, plasma cutting ... and it's getting better! Hell, I was under there the other day banging on stuff and not one piece of rust fell on me!

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I'm used to the silicon spray and fire method. A tank would be nice. I don't care for the smell of buring hair.
I've always wondered what that smell is :rolleyes:

Despite what others say, I think a tank helps a little. I can get two tires aired quickly from trail to highway pressure off my 2.5gal tank and let the compressor refill the tank while I drive down the road a little ways and air up the other two. Granted, I don't air down as far as some others might, and just to get home, I don't need 32psi in all four tires. When I get home I'll air back up to 32psi all the way around with my big compressor.
Yep, however, I tend to run higher than most off-highway and on-highway, and getting from 30 to 50PSI on all four seems to take more effort. Either that or I'm just too lazy to move my toolbox out of the way to get to the tank output :rolleyes:

:rofl: I would not be surprised if Troy actually has a shoe-horn in the back of his rig :rofl:

Shoot, that ain't nothin'. Looks like you could actually get your hand in there to start the screws!

Here's a 3.0 if you're not realizing how good you have it:
What compressor?? Is it desert camo?? You must be paranoid someone would want to steal that nice shiny rig...

21 - 32 of 32 Posts