TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I am still getting around 300 miles per tank, but the tank is bigger in the '05. I have already put around 10 tanks of gas through this thing, and I still haven't figured the gas mileage.

Gas mileage isn't a huge issue for me, I'd rather have performance, and if that means I have to buy more gas, so be it....

Marc

·
Master "Yota"
431 Posts
I've had 5 tanks so far and I'm averaging about 21 mpg. I am on the highway though for probably 50% of my driving. Funny thing though. I ran 87 octane the first two tanks and 91 the last three and noticed a big difference in engine noise and performance. The new 4 liter likes the good stuff. Gas milage is about the same though.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
check www.fueleconomy.gov . They list all the specs on every vehicle on the market pertaining to mpg. I did notice they have the 05 Tacoma on there, so check that out. Just click Find and Compare Cars.

·
Registered
925 Posts
mauibound said:
What kind of gas milage are you lucky 05 owners getting on your V6s?
my parents just returned from moab and were averaging 21+ mpg.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Marc M said:
I am still getting around 300 miles per tank, but the tank is bigger in the '05. I have already put around 10 tanks of gas through this thing, and I still haven't figured the gas mileage.

Gas mileage isn't a huge issue for me, I'd rather have performance, and if that means I have to buy more gas, so be it....

Marc
Dude your truck gives me wood. :D That's exactly what I want when me lease is up on my 03. You got any pics of your rig?

21 mpg huh? Hell, that's what my 03 w/ the 2.7 gets!! :eek:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'll get some pics up after the lift and tires, and I buy a digital camera.

If it was actually me you meant to reply to.........

·
Registered
53 Posts
Quoting a recent Car and Driver review:

"The Tacoma averaged 18 mpg over 3964 miles, much of it with the trans lazy-shifted from fourth to sixth, where the engine pulls an easy 2600 rpm at 75 mph."

:)

·
Registered
231 Posts
jayotto4 said:
18-19mpg. This has been consistent for the first 1400 miles. It is around 300 miles per tank.
How big's the tank? Also I see you have the double cab, prolly take a couple MPG's off cause of that.

Marc M, yes I was talking to you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
10 Participants
jayotto4
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing