TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious - anyone on here do any of the obstacle races like Warrior Dash, Spartan, Rugged Maniac, Tough Mudder, etc?

I did a Warrior Dash last year, had a blast. Signed up for the Rugged Maniac this August and 3 Spartan Races for next year.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Keep wanting to. But as was the case at "company name of the week" I still only take the stairs on the way down.

SO not exactly in shape. lol.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 3 miles ones aren't bad (you can pretty much walk to each obstacle, then wait for your turn at the obstacle).

Two of them that I've signed up for, the Super Spartan 8+ miles with 20+ obstacles and the Spartan Beast 13+ miles with 25+ obstacles, are going to take some training for my old butt, lol.

I figured there'd be some people on here that do them or had an interest.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
I thought I remembered seeing one where not only is it an obstacle race, but you're chased by "Zombies" too :)

They've been advertising a Mud Run up here in Chatt sometime in August - i remember seeing all the people after the race last year (we rented down the road from the Greenway where they held it) ... what a mess! I hope they had something to cover their vehicle seats with!

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I thought about doing the spartan

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought I remembered seeing one where not only is it an obstacle race, but you're chased by "Zombies" too :)
Run for Your Lives. I think they put flags on you (like flag football). If you make it out with your flags you survived. If not, you're infected.
Looks like a fun one but not sure how serious they are about the obstacles.

When I first saw this post I thought it was for trucks.. heck no!! I ain't doin' that!!! If I can't get there in the seat of BR I ain't goin'!! :p
BR will take you to the start line, lol. Let the little kid in you out to play!

ya it wouldnt hurt too much. plus most the people just crawl under the wires
Let me know how it feels, lol. It looks painful on YouTube.

I thought about doing the spartan
They say they Spartans are some of the hardest ones. I want the bragging rights of the Spartan Trifecta (all three distances in the same calendar year). Let me know if do think about doing one or even the Maniac in August.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
They say they Spartans are some of the hardest ones. I want the bragging rights of the Spartan Trifecta (all three distances in the same calendar year). Let me know if do think about doing one or even the Maniac in August.

ill let you know if i end up doing one, but ill have to get into running shape first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
HillBilly_Young01
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing