TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently pulled my OE springs from my 99' Taco but didn't label my right and left sides.

The springs have colored marks to identify the right from the left. One has purple/pink marks and the other has white/red.

Does anyone know which is which?

Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine were wrong and the truck listed to one side by an inch. An inch lower on the driver's side. So, if you do it wrong you will know. Swapping the assembly from one side to the other will fix this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike.

Yesterday checked on a stock Tacoma sitting in a parking lot and I saw that (on a V6 Xtra cab) the purple/pink marked spring went on the driver's side and the red/white went on the passenger's side.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
mhendo59 said:
Thanks Mike.

Yesterday checked on a stock Tacoma sitting in a parking lot and I saw that (on a V6 Xtra cab) the purple/pink marked spring went on the driver's side and the red/white went on the passenger's side.
Haha would have been funny if some dude saw you messing around in his wheelwell :lmao:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just went out and checked my truck, and my springs are different colors. I swapped springs with a guy a few months ago and just put them on my truck without regard to side. Currently I've got red/blue on driver and green/blue on passenger- anybody have any idea if this is correct? The springs are from an '03; I have a '97.

·
Banned
966 Posts
the springs are the same rates. question is, is their length any different. i'm guessing no because these trucks have the dreadful driver side lean (due to gas tank, etc). if they were gonna make the driver side longer to compensate then i would expect them to take out the lean.

i'm gonna say it makes no difference. do you still have the springs out? if so measure their heights, the taller one goes on the drivers side.

but, TRD had progressive rate springs (perhaps why some are listing springs taggeg with different colors)........?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts