TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm not the first. I didn't like the profile and never understood why the forward arches reached so far, but would not support the crossbars (yeah okay, the wind deflector light bar thingy...) After mounting the Space Cadet on the lower level a while back:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...06-rooftop-storage.html?highlight=space+cadet
it was impossible to access the lock, cost me about 2mpg and it was a huge PITA to dismount.

So, took the rack off, disassembled it and only put the lower rear portion back on. Remounted the Demello jack mounts on the rear at a slight angle. Now all I have to do to remove the Space Cadet is unscrew the mounting brackets, drop off the lower clamp and lift it off.

Only real mod is plugging the holes where the support columns used to rest and hacking the rear center brace in half.

·
Registered
427 Posts
How easily did those bolts come out of the roof??? I have heard of a few people striping them.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How easily did those bolts come out of the roof??? I have heard of a few people striping them.
About half were a bitch, but with judicious application break free, some WD-40 and body weight, and using a pair of vice grips perpendicular to the T40 torx driver for leverage, all came out eventually without stripping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts