TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum. I'm looking for off road courses for 2wds or off roads where 2wds can go by. I own a 06 2wd highlander with black rhino rumble wheels 16x7 wrapped with 235/70/16 BFG ko2s on open diff. It's my every day vehicle that I hunt alot with. I know I get this alot it's a 2wd. I've had 2wd experience on mud and snowy roads at a farm, climbing steep gravel roads up the bluffs. Any information would be great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the forum Solocam
I'm guessing no one has replied because we dont go where 2wd vehicles can go, so we don't know any places to suggest, plus being a national forum, not many of us are familiar with Mn.. sounds like you like to get out and explore but it also sounds like you need a 4wd. the best way to find what your looking for is to get out and explore and find places in your area. see if there is a local 4wd club and ask them if they know of any easy trails in the area.
eventually you will get tired of having to turn around and not getting to see where that trail goes, or get sick of getting stuck all the time. and you will go out and get a 4wd.
then you will find out what you've been missing and want to go more often. that's what happened to me I started with a 2wd ford ranger, and I hated to have to turn around shortly after finding a trail because of a mud hole, or clearance issues or incline too great for 2wd. Now I have a lifted Tacoma TRD ( and a winch ) and it is great to get to go further into the wilderness areas or mountains. I finally get to see the end of trails that my ranger could not make it to the end of.

if you stay with 2wd., you might want to get a winch. I would have a receiver hitch installed on the front and get a receiver hitch cradle mount for the winch. that way you can take it with you when you might need it, and leave it at home when your doing your daily driving in the city. that was my plan, but i ended up getting a off road bumper that has winch mount in it.
go exploring and see what you can find. dead end dirt roads down to lakes or rivers usually have trails here and there.
sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I'm in Missouri and don't know Mn. either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts