TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
April 1, 2007 is the next race at Prairie City SVRA in Northern California by Folsom (Sacramento).
The series is:
Valley Off Road Racing Association (VORRA)

They ask us to be at the course at 8am to get our instructions and briefing, so I figure we'd meet at Nations in Vacaville at 6:30am, and leave at 7am, or meet you at the track. We will receive free entry into the races ($10 value) lunch, t-shirt, and a sticker. You would be asked to right flipped vehicles, tow off injured vehicles, and other race related recovery jobs. At least two adults per vehicle are required (1 driver, and one flagger/strap attacher) Optimal would be three adults (1 for each job. Vehicle does not need to be street legal, but if it isn't, must arrive on a trailer towed by a street legal rig.

Must haves:

1) Tow strap
2) fire extiguisher
3) at least 2 adults per recovery vehicle

Recommended:

CB
shackle
chain
hilift jack
winch
sun screen
water
snacks
camera

PLEASE call me (Chad) if interested, or shoot me an e-mail [email protected]
h) 530-666-3089
c) 707-688-7751

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
What race and where at?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
What kind of race do they have out there? I always heard that place was kinda gay. Might be interested in going if its going to be fun- as far as using my truck, shit... I can barely keep it together pulling itself down the trail.
Is it rigs, or buggies or 4wheelers? Woops and jumps or rock shit or?

cougarfreak said:
yeah, that might be helpful information.... :eek:

Prairie City SVRA in Northern California is where the race is. The series is:

Valley Off Road Racing Association (VORRA)

I'll update it at the top too...

Sorry!!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Prairie City has an off road race course that this season will be about a mile long. The races include buggies, trucks and quads. If you've ever seen CORR Championship Off Road Racing, it's a lot like that, but add quads to it. There's one big jump right in front of the spectators, then a bunch of smaller ones, and lots of turns. It is fast!!! It's not super technical, and the rock crawling section for the 4x4's is really small, but it's a good place to cut your teeth on if you've not been wheeling long, or don't want to travel real far to wheel.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
cougarfreak said:
rock crawling section for the 4x4's is really small, but it's a good place to cut your teeth on if you've not been wheeling long, or don't want to travel real far to wheel.
Thats what I heard- that and its only like 4 bucks to get in.
Sounds like fun, but my truck isn't much of a flipper-chaser.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's actually $10 to get into the races, and $4 to get into the 4x4 area. But you get in free if you help. Your extraction rig doesn't have to be real trick. Heck, it doesn't even HAVE to be 4wd for the October races, but in April it may be neccessary. Last year it was so wet the first race, we used everyone with a 4wd rig to spread out the foot deep mud that was all over the course... now THAT was FUN!!! 5 laps in 4wd spewing mud at 40 mph getting sideways and going off jumps... nah, I didn't enjoy myself or anything. I'm not saying that will happen again, but there are always thing that pop up with a grassroots racing series.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts