TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Off road Race Help Prairie City March 31, April 1

VORRA needs our help at Prairie City SVRA!!! We have been invited to assist in recovery duties at Saturday's practice 4-5pm (leave at 2:30 from FAO's Swap meet), and Sunday April 1 Races. They ask us to be at the course at 8am Sunday to get our instructions and briefing from Dana Holland, so I figure we'd meet at Nations in Vacaville at 6:45am, and leave at 7am. We will receive free entry into the races ($10 value) lunch, t-shirt, and a sticker. You would be asked to right flipped vehicles, tow off injured vehicles, and other race related recovery jobs. At least two adults per vehicle are required (1 driver, and one flagger/strap attacher) Optimal would be three adults (1 for each job. Vehicle does not need to be street legal, but must arrive on a trailer towed by a street legal rig. Please contact Cougarfreak with interest and/or for more info.

Must haves:

1) Tow strap
2) fire extiguisher
3) at least 2 adults per recovery vehicle

Recommended:

4wheel drive
Rain Gear
CB
shackle
chain
hilift jack
winch
sun screen
water
snacks
camera

·
Registered
741 Posts
sweet, sounds like fun, although i won't be able to make it i wish i could, my buddy BJ from Toyota, races for VORRA

Austin

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where you at Sisiphus?!?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
cougarfreak said:
Where you at Sisiphus?!?!?!?!?!
If Chris is doing it again, I'll be the second adult in the vehicle. I'll tak to him about it this weekend.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Schweet!!!!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
See updates to times in top post!!!! Saturday help is also needed if anyone can swing an hour of recovery assistance between 4-5pm. You are allowed to camp there race weekends, if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so, we have 2 rigs n 4 crew for this weekend (Sissiphus n Jeff, and tacd44 n coworker)?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We had 1 rig from my home club show. Luckily Dana Holland has several regulars that show up. I try and add to his numbers to have better coverage of the course. From 5 Forums, I usaully get 1 or 2 rigs to go. I had a great time racing for the first time on my quad. 11th out of 20 with no practice. I'm pleased with that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts