TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i have noticed a BUNCH of 15" wheel threads and i figured we should all combine and post here. I will post a couple of wheels that i have found that do fit FOR SURE.

1: Ultra type 164 15x8 wheel. Polished aluminum for about 100 bux a pop at and tire shop. these do fit up to 04 tacomas. These look sweet.

2. Wheelersoffroad.com 15X8 Wheeler's BLACK Toyota Steel Wheel: TYPE A: 39.95ea They alse have a type B for same price for wider applications. Basic black steel wheels.

pics of both wheels can be foudn easily on both websites.

Please dont whore this thread up with useless posts. lets keep this full of good info.

thanks.

MOD: please contact me if there is a problem with this thread, thanks.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
good going...there was way too many 15" wheel threads going on at once...
i believe wheeler's wheels are 87 rockcrawlers...correct me if i'm wrong...
i wish there was more places that sells those wheels...besides wheelers...
i know 4wp sells them...but you have to do a special request...

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
the 87 series rockcrawlers have been discontinued and replaced with the 97 series which DO NOT FIT. Mickey thompson classic 2's also FIT

one of the mods needs to make a sticky post with all the rims that fit, and update it as necessary

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
kodiak said:
Where can you get the ultra rims from?
try ebay...i remember seeing a lot of them a while back

·
Registered
70 Posts
ok I know the 15x8 series 97 black wheels from 4WP dont fit...but here is a question..do the 15x10s fit? It says nothing about not fitting...does anyone have this wheel?

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
the holes are most likely stamped the same way...so it probably wont fit.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
This is from experience on a 2001. I had the bottom two test fitted before getting the US Wheels.

US Wheels 84 series DO fit in a 15x8.

American Racing Black Daytona's do NOT fit in a 15x8.

Unique (I believe this is the brand) black steel wheels do NOT fit in a 15x8.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
04robbie said:
Wheelers does not have a 10" wide rim.
Sorry, I assumed it was a 10" for the TYPE B since it was for up to a 12.5 inch tire. In fact, The only difference in TYPE A and TYPE B is the backspacing setting, TYPE B has less backspacing which causes the tire to stick out from the fender a little more than TYPE A, allowing more room between the tire and upper control arm for wider tires.

I have changed that in my original post.

·
Registered
47 Posts
nees1212 said:
This is from experience on a 2001. I had the bottom two test fitted before getting the US Wheels.

US Wheels 84 series DO fit in a 15x8.

American Racing Black Daytona's do NOT fit in a 15x8.

Unique (I believe this is the brand) black steel wheels do NOT fit in a 15x8.
The us wheels 84 in a 15x8 with 3 3/4 backspace didn't fit on my 04. I grinded my caliper and it still hit, so I went with wheelers.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Convo Hellcats will fit and look great to. I have them on my taco. Mickey thompson classic locks will fit but they hugged to close in for me and aren't available in different backspacing. I have pics on of one on my truck they looked great but I sent them back. M/t miss printed there information when the rims came out. They will be ok on a stock suspension tacoma. Not good for use with a trailmaster lift.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Alcoa 15x10's wont fit without brake caliper mods or 1/4 spacers. i have a set ran them for a while but regretted grinding the brake calipers went to far on one. Cost me $ 190 bucks for a new one. Which being stupid I grinded down also and it worked then. had to take a good bit off though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Is it true most of the black steel wheels will not fit? Someone said that they are stamped out so they will not fit against the hub correctly..I dont want to believe this..Im tempted to order some and find out for myself. Has anyone tried Cragar wheels?

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Evan9r said:
Is it true most of the black steel wheels will not fit? Someone said that they are stamped out so they will not fit against the hub correctly..I dont want to believe this..Im tempted to order some and find out for myself. Has anyone tried Cragar wheels?

With the 2000, I don't think you'll have any problems. I did try the Cragar's with the 'D' holes on my 2001, and they did not fit. I forgot to add that to my list. I don't think you'll have any problems at all with your 2000 standard cab. Most of the problems seem to occur with the 2001 and up since they upgraded to 16" wheels and I believe, slightly bigger calipers. If you are having doubts, find a local tire shop that will test fit for free. I was able to do it at Tire Discounters, hence my experience with the AR, Unique, and Cragar wheels.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks, so it was just a caliper clearence issue? Theres not any wheel places around here that keep black steels instock or I would do that, so I have to find out what works before I order.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Evan9r said:
Thanks, so it was just a caliper clearence issue? Theres not any wheel places around here that keep black steels instock or I would do that, so I have to find out what works before I order.
Yes, the caliper is the biggest issue on the truck considering you get the right backspacing (3.75" for 15x8). Tire Discounters didn't have any in stock either, but they were still willing to order them to see if they'd fit. Most of your big name tire places will have them at their distribution wharehouses, so it's not really like they are ordering direct from the manufacturer. Just call around and ask, someone around you is bound to do a test fit.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts