TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1763 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for fun, post what you saw on the road or wheeling around. For example, today I saw prob a 2003-2004 lifted 4 runner on Lincoln Road heading to Parker, black rims, pretty big tires, nice front bumper, had a mean rear sag though ha.

Post pics or just what you saw! Ready set go!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
It's actually a good idea to make an official sighted thread.

So today I say a sad multi collered 2nd gen 4runner. It looked beat to shit. It had nice custom tube work though. But the tires were all worn and it was missing a bunch of glass. Some poor sop owns that thing...

·
20,355 Posts
I also spotted a suspected member rig today. It was sans engine and transmission. Also in need of some seats bad.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This morning when I was goin to work during the snow on I-25 there was a new tacoma with black and chrome rims, lifted, pulling a trailer but he only had it in 2 wheel as he kept sliding sideways. Seems like he woulda had it in 4 ha. Anyone know of what accident was on the south bound I-25 cuz it really slowed traffic down.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Yesterday spotted white 05+ DC with 3" lift, aftermarket wheels, and BFG Mudd's. Member?:dunno:

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Trailer queen heading N on I-25 around Dacono this evening. Red 89-95 Xtra Cab, SAS w/ links, 40s or so... I think it was a Chevy pulling it, but I'm not sure since I was looking at the Yota. Damn good for going 80 mph in the opposite direction, eh? :D

·
Registered
828 Posts
On my way home from work i've seen on several occasions an 01-04' Tacoma Double Cab, it's either black or dark green, front ARB bumper with winch, probably 3" of lift on around a 32-33" tire. Also has a receiver shackle in the hitch.

Spotted probably 3-4 times on West bound 36 between 4-4:30p in the last few months.

·
20,355 Posts
Yeah, Nate made himself a rear bumper a while back. It is one of the better ones i have seen thus far.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Wednesday - Spotted an 85 single cab on 35's, Black with a camo shell on the bed. Nice looking truck.

Yesterday - 2000+ Maroone DC with Painted Black Rims, sliders, CB antenna, stock height. Looks like the driver might be getting a Badlands Bumper soon!:D Haulin butt down Sheridan between 104th and 92nd mid morning.

·
Registered
828 Posts
lol........yeah i was over there yesterday morning around 11ish i think it was. I guess i must not have been paying attention because i didn't see you.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I didn't see you in time to honk but you had this determined look on your face and a bubble cloud above your head. It was thinking, "Go speed racer,Go! If I only had my Badland Bumper I could push this grandma out of my way!!!" :D

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Holy Crap I saw a Tippy Twin.

Yesterday in Aurora same color green and body style, Black rims on 33"s, lift, sliders, and front and rear customer bumpers. There were two differences I could see: No one was hanging off of the front bumper. Oh and it was running!:D

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I have one thats the other way around.

Friend of ours spotted us in the 4Runner going the opposite way on the highway with a cop right on our bumper checking our tags/tires sticking out too far. :D

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Holy Crap I saw a Tippy Twin.

Yesterday in Aurora same color green and body style, Black rims on 33"s, lift, sliders, and front and rear customer bumpers. There were two differences I could see: No one was hanging off of the front bumper. Oh and it was running!:D

Was it all green? Or junkyard camo? :neener:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I have one thats the other way around.

Friend of ours spotted us in the 4Runner going the opposite way on the highway with a cop right on our bumper checking our tags/tires sticking out too far. :D

Man they really harass folks about their tires sticking out in Utah. that is so lame!

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Man they really harass folks about their tires sticking out in Utah. that is so lame!
I guess I'll have to get some temporary big stupid trucker mudflaps before I go out to Moab... I'm predicting a decent amount of tire outside the fenders (or lack there of) on Doris.

1 - 20 of 1763 Posts
About this Discussion
1.8K Replies
123 Participants
Bjarker
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing