TTORA Forum banner

4541 - 4560 of 4585 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
:eek:
After reading these recent updates I'm going out to re-torque my front end.
i would just spend a few extra $$$ and get new ones and have the old ones for spares. bolts have cyclic lifespans just like most things. especially when the bolt is in single shear and held in tension. its something everybody should have spares for and change out regurarly.

and for those that have the camburg kit for the 2nd gen you need to make sure you have the new bolts in there. found out the hard way on the tsa truck , now they are holding up great! hate to have a simple bolt break and take out the shocks with it

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
i would just spend a few extra $$$ and get new ones and have the old ones for spares. bolts have cyclic lifespans just like most things. especially when the bolt is in single shear and held in tension. its something everybody should have spares for and change out regurarly.

and for those that have the camburg kit for the 2nd gen you need to make sure you have the new bolts in there. found out the hard way on the tsa truck , now they are holding up great! hate to have a simple bolt break and take out the shocks with it
Hey Mike do you know if Camburg uses the same size uniball and bolt diameter as chaos? The bolt looks a little smaller on the burg setup. I've upgraded everything but that bolt and the two that go into the spindle to F-911, and would like to upgrade those also. Hey, there is another idea for you, upgraded hardware packages! I'll preorder one right now, seriously, paypal inbound if you can find the right size bolts for a TC setup. Btw, I even managed to bend the F-911's in the upper uniball and need spares...

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Hey Mike do you know if Camburg uses the same size uniball and bolt diameter as chaos? The bolt looks a little smaller on the burg setup. I've upgraded everything but that bolt and the two that go into the spindle to F-911, and would like to upgrade those also. Hey, there is another idea for you, upgraded hardware packages! I'll preorder one right now, seriously, paypal inbound if you can find the right size bolts for a TC setup. Btw, I even managed to bend the F-911's in the upper uniball and need spares...
camburg kit uses 1.250" uniball and TC uses a 1". bolt diameters are the same,lengths different and mis-spacers wayy different. i feel the race is a little on the thin side on the 1.250" one. but not much different price wise.

i have a trustworthy supplier for the bolts, but its all about the proper shank length and thats something that could require getting bolts custom made or modifying whats available. i dont have a kit to measure off of but if you wanna take the proper measurements i can source a set for you to test. i think its safe to say that if you dont break or bend it i would feel safe with the end product. thats something i wouldn't do untill the proper testing has been done, good idea though . but if it would have been considered by the manufacturer there wouldent be many problems.

i also think that with some of this exotic hardware thats being used,its gonna be tough finding replacements to even limp you by . but then again thats why we have spares, right?

1" left - 1.25" right

1" bottom - 1.25" top

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I can take some measurements, need to get a set of calipers and some time to pull everything apart. The hard part for me is figuring out what pitch the threads are. Also TC uses an allen head bolt and it is impossible to remove without pulling the CV, so that one might have to wait cause I'm tired of tearing my front end apart and I welded all my alignment cams solid making it even more fun.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I can take some measurements, need to get a set of calipers and some time to pull everything apart. The hard part for me is figuring out what pitch the threads are. Also TC uses an allen head bolt and it is impossible to remove without pulling the CV, so that one might have to wait cause I'm tired of tearing my front end apart and I welded all my alignment cams solid making it even more fun.
yeah get a set of calipers(hf ones work fine) and get to measuring when you get a chance and ill source you something. dont worry about thread pitch ill take care of that stuff . as for the lower, the cv shouldent have to come off. take the 2 bolts off that hold the lower uniball to the spindle and you have good access to them . i could figure out the upper with the arm i have , just need specs on the lower really . when/if your ready let me know and ill send you a few illustrations of whats needed.

also if theres anybody local thats interested ,that has a kit ,installed or not and wants upgraded hardware let me know and we will work something out

·
Registered
776 Posts
:eek:
After reading these recent updates I'm going out to re-torque my front end.
same here, and while I was under there I found that my steering rack is starting to go again. 3 months after I replaced it.... I'm pretty sure its related to all pros horribly misdesigned HD steering kit cuz i know im not the first person to have these issues. Thank god its coming off in a few weeks cuz i cant afford to keep replacing this shit every few months :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
well i finally found some time to work on my truck . got the floor all patched up , seam sealed and primered. tied the body mounts to the rollcage. got the door bars all mocked up and ready to burn in . and finally coated the boxed section of frame with cavity wax. next up is some tabs for panels on the upper bars, tabs for panels on the tubes behind seats and a few more cage to cab plates. then i can coat the whole inside with lizard skin to keep it cool and quiet. in other words i still got a whole lot of detail work left.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Looks great as expected.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Signed a lease on a cool little live/work spot in Ventura. I get the keys on the 15th. Has a nice big fenced yard and no local residential neighbors to bug, or be bugged by me.

Building an LT kit for my 08 4Runner. I started a build thread in the garage section. I won't have much progress untill I get the new spot all setup.
I'm excited.

4541 - 4560 of 4585 Posts
About this Discussion
4.6K Replies
166 Participants
toyota_tacoma
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing