TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I went offroading down an actual trail for the first time. Needless to say, it was a BAST!!!!:D I've never had so much fun. Spashing through mud pits and climbing rocks. But I notice a churping noise now(the day after) and was wondering what it could be and how much repair is gonna run me. I know that damage is inevidable from offroading but will I experience problems everytime I hit the trail?? And I'm not talking about scratches and body damage but things that actually affect the driveability of the truck!

04 tacoma, sr5, 4x4, 5 spd, 4 cyl.

·
Registered
672 Posts
You need to be more specific in your questions...

I'd start by taking your car to a do it yourself car wash, and clean the heck out of the undercarriage and engine bay.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Hey everyone. I went offroading down an actual trail for the first time. Needless to say, it was a BAST!!!!:D I've never had so much fun. Spashing through mud pits and climbing rocks. But I notice a churping noise now(the day after) and was wondering what it could be and how much repair is gonna run me. I know that damage is inevidable from offroading but will I experience problems everytime I hit the trail?? And I'm not talking about scratches and body damage but things that actually affect the driveability of the truck!

That sound can come from a plethora of different places. Try narrowing it down.

Belts, carrier bearing, companion flange dust shield, u-joints, cv joints....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Uhh, thats a little vague. Chirping from where?? under the hood? one of the front wheel areas? rear wheel area? Most likely just dirt that got into the brakes or depending on how much water you "splashed" through could be one of the pulleys under the hood too that has some crud in it. Nothing serious, unless you notice something else that is affected by it. Diagnose it a little more first.

Matt

·
Registered
587 Posts
Try spraying the belts with some belt dressing and see if it goes away. If it does then replace the drive belts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I notice the sound whenever I go over a pothole. It sounds like its comming from the driver side in the front. where exactly i am not sure thought

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Clean, Clean, Clean, and when your done Clean some more.:D
Pull the wheels off and inspect the brakes, make sure there isn't a rock wedged some where, check the suspension for debris. I know when I go to the coal mines all the coal dust gets into the leaf springs and will squeek for a month:(

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts

Mud is evil...

That sound can come from a plethora of different places.
They teach you that special word in college mister ?.. You may advance from the "Demello School of Learning"... yet... ;) Ha

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
no everyone learned that word from the 3 amigos

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Offroad damage?? No thanks- I have enough of my own, thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks a lot for your input guys. I'm gonna go a head and clean as much as i possibly can. hopefully that does the trick!!!:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts